- What would you do differently on the day we went down to Motomachi Street?
I would probably ask all the shops (that im going to draw on the map), if the clothes are imported or not. This is because some shops won’t have their information on the internet since, some shops are not that popular and even thought, sometimes they have there blog, there is a possibility that it would not be that detailed.
- What do you think you could have done differently in how you presented your information?
I probably could have drew they keys more clearly, so it would be easier for others to look at it and recognize what they stand for. Beside that, I don’t think I would do anything different.
- What did you do well in completing your map?
I think I did well at using the colors and how i made the shop’s name dark and bold to make it easier to see.
- Why is the use of colors, symbols, and keys so important in map making? Why is too much text on the map sometimes a problem?
The use of colors, symbols, and keys are important in map making because if you had a bunch of words on the map it will be hard to understand which place is which, so those techniques help them easy to follow. Colors makes it stand out, symbols and keys categorize the place.
- Is there anything you would do differently in the other sections of the portfolio?
I would probably have more detail on my essay, such as the information and explanation.