Aim: Find wind resistance and fly the rocket high
Back round knowledge: This water rocket sounds really complex, but this works really simple. First we put in the water to the bottle, then we pump in and pressurize the bottle. Then obviously the water would not mix with the air so the water splashes out, and by water splashes up the rocket fly`s up.
Prediction: I thought that our rocket would fly the furthest, because our rocket`s design was really close to voyager 1. I thought that there would be less air resistance from other rockets.
Method: Our group has used about 2 periods for designing. We made our rocket as close to our design that was close to voyager 1.
1) Plan the design of the rocket.
2) Cut off bottom half of bottle No. 2 (keep everything on the bottom half except for the bottom end) and stick that onto the upper half of bottle No. 1. This will now serve as the bottom half of the finished project.
3) Cut off the upper half of bottle No. 3 (everything except for the cap and mouthpiece), and stick that onto the upper half of what is the rocket at this stage of construction.
4) Make a cone-like structure with cardboard paper, and stick that onto the top of the rocket.
5) Make fins with cardboard paper (DO NOT use foam sheets), and stick them onto the sides of your rocket.
6) Decorate your water rocket.
3 plastic 500ml bottle
1 foam sheet
1 card board
Conclusion: I think that this launch was not done properly. There were different wind, every time and the height calculator or something was not that detailed so there was a difference. The rocket that flew the highest was a rocket that I thought would not fly well. I learned that there is not much a difference between a pet bottle and a rocket that was added some things to it.