In the past few weeks in Science, we have been learning about space. We were separated into 4 groups and made a rocket. My group members were Marshall, Shiho, Thomas and me.
Aim- The aim of this project is to design, build and test a water rocket, and see how high and far it can fly, and see what types of water rocket fly further than others.
Background Knowledge- Water rockets work by the pumping air in to the rocket that has 200ml of water in it. When the rocket is on the launcher, and gets launched, the water will come out and push the rocket upwards.
Prediction- I think the Group 3′s rocket that is light and steady, will fly the highest and furthest.
2 Pet bottles
1. First, we got 2 pet bottles. We didn’t do anything with the one for the fuel tank. On the other one, we took off some parts, and stuck it on the fuel tank bottle.
2. Draw and cut out 3 wings out of styrofoam ,and stick it on with tape until it is stable.
3. Draw a circle on hard paper to make the nose of the rocket. Stick it on the top part of the rocket(the side without the cap).
4. Check there there are no holes (except for the part where you put the cap) and that the rocket is steady.
5. Color it in the color you like
The winning design, Group 3 won because theirs was small and the nose was pointy. My pridection was correct of Group 3′s rocket winning.
I think that this was not a fair experiment because one of the group member in Group 1 [not mentioning names] cheated and pumped in more air than the other groups.
Also, the person in Group 1 who cheated was making sure that the other teams get lower air than their group.
This is a picture of my group’s rocket:
There is no Group 2 in the chart because theirs got a leak.
This is the Rocket Height Chart:
This is the video of my group’s (Group 4) rocket flying:
This is a picture of the rocket that went the furthest/highest: