1. Are there certain ideas, or social messages, that influence the kinds of photos that girls typically post? How might these attitudes affect the kinds of photo comments girls post amongst themselves?
Girls often wants to post their picture or add album about their trips and hang outs. I think it isn’t a problem to post their actual faces for profile picture, anyways friends and people who you want to add needs to know who you are, but I wonder if girls think of safety on this social networking site for people from around the world. No offense to you as a girl, but I sometimes get irritated seeing comments like licking each other’s wound.
2. Are there certain ideas, or social messages, that influence the kinds of photos that guys typically post? How might these attitudes affect the kinds of photo comments guys post amongst themselves?
Guys often post their profile photo as their favourite athlete team, cartoon character, skateboard, etc. I don’t really see comments a lot or properly, therefore I don’t really know of their certain attitude, but there sure is many gaps with numbers of likes (50 likes to 0 likes).
3. Are people aware of their online images? Do they try to make themeslves look certain ways? Why or why not?
Facebook can make “only friends can look at your profile”, and it is a cozy site in social networking. It might depend on people, but 2ch is sort of scary because you wouldn’t know who is exactly talking about someone unless you see their ID. People are often aware of their online images, especially me, I think too much for commenting recently.
4. Do we have different expectations for how girls and guys should look or act online? If so, where do we learn these attitudes? If not, why not?
Girls and guys definitely act different online. We could notice their attitudes by listening to girls talking about how guys act online and guys talking about how girls act online.
5. How aware are you of how you comment on other people’s photos? Do you think this differs for guys and girls?
As I said before, I am aware of commenting. I sometimes hesitate with commenting, because I often think too much. (e.g. What if I don’t get any respond or comment.. But I do really like this picture. I really want to say something but she might not remember/know me.. But should I be brave and give her response? No.. I actually don’t want her to think me as a creepy stalker..) Like this, I had an experience of not being able to comment a lot. I don’t think it differs for guys and girls, its like more separating to psychologically strong/weak people. I do envy people who could comment anytime without any fear.