Grade 7 Technology
Of all the tools that are available for you to use, how will you decide what to use? Use the sample files on the server to experiment with the different applications you might use. Fill out the following form for each application you assess. Remember that the reasons you choose not to use something are just as important as the reasons you do choose to use another.
1. What is this application designed to do? (can you use still images? video? recorded audio? music?)
It is designed to take video’s, watch video’s, control movie playback, listen to movie in another language, view movie subtitles and view movies in full screen and other different sizes.
2. What features does this application have that might be useful to you? (list what you think might be useful, even if you don’t plan specifically to use it – you’ll get a better idea of what you actually need when you start designing)
You can record video or audio, record your computer’s screen, rearrange your movie’s content, shorten a movie or movie clip, rotate or flip a movie clip. You can also export movies for the web, export a movie in another format, share your movies with others, share your movies with Podcast producer. You can also change the movie you got from the web in a different language or you can add subtitles.
3. How easy/difficult is the application to use? What is easy, what is difficult? Explain.
It is easy because you can easily trim clips and also you can put subtitles and change the language. Also you can easily rotate the clip.
4. What are the resources available to help you learn to use the application? (is there a good help-menu? tutorials? youTube videos?)
The help menu on quicktime player is really helpful. It tells you what you can do and also how it is good. The help menu is easy to follow and you can insert a question and find the answer.
5. Put the result of your testing – a movie or presentation file of some kind, in the folder on the server. It should have the name BookTrailers_Investigation_ApplicationTest_YourName.
6. Along with the other students who tested the same application you did, present the information above to the class and show them your tests.
1. Which applications do you think will be best to create a trailer? Why?
iMovie because it has a lot of effects and also even if there are effects on other softwares, iMovie as them all in one software.
2. Which applications do you think will be the least useful for creating a book trailer? Why?
QuickTime because they don’t have a lot of effects and even if they do, other softwares are easier to use and they have the same effects.
3. Do you already feel confident about using the application? If not how much will you need to learn?
Yes I feel confident because I have been using it for a long time and I always use it whenever we have a project with a video on it. I think I should learn maybe some tricks on iMovie.
4. Do you think it makes more sense to choose an application and then start designing, or to design your trailer first and then choose an application to make it? Explain.
Maybe design your trailer first then choose an application because if you design it first then you can decide what effects you need and also if you are going to put music in it and then see which application has the most effects you are going to choose. If you decide on the application first, then when you design your trailer and the application didn’t have the effects/things you want then you’ll have to change your design again.