- Make a new blog post called “It’s Very Probable That I Know” or another heading such as this
- What I Know: In this section, describe what you know about probability. You can also state what activities you have completed in previous years. -Probability is the chance that something will happen – how likely it is that some event will happen.
- What I Want To Know: In this section write what you want to know about probability. Describe what you want to know and give some ideas about how we as a class might be able to complete to help learn this. -We can learn the chance of the happening in a event.
- Probability is important because: In this section, tell me if you think probability is important or not. Tell me where you think it is used and where it is used in the real world. I don’t mind you being a little negative here – but be sensible. -it is important because we will use Probability in future.
- I don’t want to do: In this section – tell us what you do not want to do for this unit.
- Post it!!
- If you finish early – read other people’s post and comment on it. A link of students blogs can be found HERE
1. My best speech was the persuasive because not only because the persuasive speech was better than the first speech, I also think it is better because I think I have improved. Even though my speech was not long compare to others, I was able to say what I wanted to tell to the audience by giving details and opinions. I think my strength was my projection because I was one of the person it was easy to hear. My tempo was alright, but I think I could have been more relaxed. My poster was not bad because I did not move or shake my body.
2. I should improve on my volume and content because I think my volume was messed up. I could have had a soft voice and gradually go louder to give more persuasion. I really needed to be more persuasive by giving many details of my topic. I think it was not enough. I had few grammar errors that I could improve next time if I do it. I think I looked at my palm cards too much because I think I could have been more projective by having eye contacts.
Choose another student’s video which appealed to you, embed it also and answer this question focussing on the key aspect that was appealing:
3. Another speech which was captivating was Claude’s because I think his voice was persuasive and I was able to hear his speech. I think he did really well because he gave a great hook at the beginning which it was about recycle. I thought recycle was a really positive but made me think about it after.
In our school, we are learning about mashups. Mashup can be things such as remixs. When people make remixs, it comes out by their creativity, but also you can say that it is from copying. This post is an answer to “Does copyright hinder or cultivate creativity?”
Well, I think the answer is both. However as a result it may cultivate creativity. We watched many types of remix such as the “Sweet Brown Remix Songs”, “The Scary Mary Poppins”, and it shows that the creator used his or her imagination and mostly creativity to remake from the original. It can change the setting, the situations, funny to scary, and many other things. Basically it means it can change 180 degrees.
In our class, we did a debate on who will win, if we did a court between Professor Faiden, the creator of “A Fair(y) Use Tale “ and Disney. Now Disney was the side who went to the court to complain. Disney said that Professor Faiden used the video gave bad reputation o Disney and used Disney characters without permission. On the other hand Professor Faiden said that it was for educational purpose. As a result the Professor Faiden side won.
I think copyright is one of the hardest and the difficult way to solve. However if there was no fair use. We would not have been creative. On the other hand, if there was no copyright, many people would use the original without permission which isn’t a good thing to do.
In our school, we learned the history of Yokohama and how it is now globalized. All of us made a map by going to Motomachi Street. After we went to Motomachi Street to make a good map, we started making it. I used colors to make it catchy and easy to understand. I think I improved by learning the map that you want to the people to look at. I only added shops, because I want to tell people what shops there are in Motomachi. I think all of us should be proud of the work. I enjoyed making maps because it is not as hard as making essays and I think it can improve our knowledge of using maps or even know what kind of map we need.
1. Appearances and deception are a common theme in literature, how does Hinton demonstrate this?
-She does not like fights
-It has all of her experience in the book
-She wanted to tell us the society around her
2. Do narrators always tell the truth? Is Ponyboy a reliable narrator?
-Ponyboy is the most stabled person
-He is independent, even though he was struggling.
-He is the one that has most experience in the book.
3. Is The Outsiders relevant to you? Can you relate to it? Why or why not?
I think not only in my school but also in all schools, I think there are problems getting along with people and you get peer pressured and can’t make your own decision. And sometimes there could be physical fights and the book teaches us.
4. Should The Outsiders be taught in school? If so, at what grade level?
Yes, espacially in 7-9th grade. It is because the situation in The Outsiders fits the most with 7-9 grade situation. I think this book can make are self change, even though it has violence and swearing in it. This book says to stay gold which means to stay young. Staying young is the best thing in the world, because it is the only time to be active. The Outsiders is just right for our school situation so it should be taught in school.
5. Who is your favourite character and why? Who is your least favourite? Explain your choice.
My favorite character is Johnny, he was the most risk taking kid in the book. He went against Dally, which is way more stronger than him. He took the risk to kill Bob to save Ponyboy. He risked his life and eventually died for the kids who were trapped in the church. He died young. He reminds of Gandhi, because he said “Fighting would do nothing.” I think he didn’t enjoy life because his parents hated him. He talked to Ponyboy about sunset so he can stay gold.
6. Which character impacts you the most? What emotions do you feel for that character? Does he/she remind you of someone else you know? Of yourself?
What is the skill that I used?
In this activity, I used skills such as voice and emotion. I tried to be as my character by acting out what the character would do by knowing its characteristics.
How did I approach creating the character? Was it successful? if so how? What needed improvement? Make a suggestion?
I approached creating the character by using tones of voices and using expression. I think I was successful for both of these because I think that I used both of these skills equally. I think that I need to improve on projection because I naturally have a soft and quiet voice so I will need to project more.
How can I use these skills in performance?
I do not really know where I can use these skills but maybe if you want to over exaggerate something you can use these skills. I also need volume, and pace to make my characteristic more better.
Link to the video.
For my music I played my violin. The music is called “Gavotte” that is from the Suzuki Book 1.
My problem was that the violin wasn’t tuned correctly so I the sound was wrong My strength was that overall I was able to play the song without a big problem. Also I think I did well on the fast tempo but not the slow ones. I could have improved on many things. I could have improved on playing more smoothly. I think I was too hard that the sound came strong.
This was challenging for me, but I enjoyed playing it. I think it was a great opportunity. I think I will keep practicing this song so I could improve more.
Here is my song.
Please do this assignment on Google Docs, share with your PE teachers and email your PE teacher when finished by the due date (Nov 13th)
1. Please complete the following form with your data.
|Heart Rate at Rest||80 beats per minute||60 beats per minute||60 beats per minute|
|HR after run||160||160||120|
|HR 30s after run||160||150||114|
|HR 60s after run||155||148||108|
|HR 90s after run||151||142||96|
|HR 120s after run||147||136||80|
|HR 150s after run||143||130||78|
|HR 180s after run||138||125||78|
2. Please create a graph that represents your data.
3. Why is your HR high when your body is working? (give a detailed answer in 1 paragaph).
When your body is working, your heart rate goes high, because while your running, your heart asks the brain for more oxygen for your body, so pumps more blood.
4. You can see that your HR goes down after exercise. Please compare Fred’s data with Zoe’s. Which runner is fitter (fred or zoe)? Give a detailed reason why you think this (1 small paragraph).
Zoe is more fit than Fred. It is because the graph shows that Zoe’s heart beats are getting lower faster than Fred’s heart beats. The faster your heart beats go low, the fitter you are.
** Please make sure that:-
- you answered all of the 4 questions.
- your graph is accurate and easy to read.
- your answers are detailed and accurate with the science you have learnt in class.
I will present the poem I decided. It is called the Radio. I personally thought that this poem was interesting because unlike other poems, each line is short like a chat we do in internet. This poem doesn’t have proper sentence, it is more like a phrase. For example at first
As you see it does not make sense, if you read it directly. However if you put feeling in it, it should make you understand.
This poet wanted to say the importance of radios. The poet uses the word ‘no’ a lot. This poet is saying that if there was a world with no radio, we would not have other objects. In this poem, I like how the poet puts expression on the word ‘no’ and ‘radio’ a lot. Each sentence is like a phrase. I also liked how he repeats the phrase. I think the poet repeats the phrase in a good time. On the other hand, what I did not like was that it was too short that it was hard for me to understand. I would not recommend this for events such as weddings or funerals because it has no connection with these. This poem is about radio and I would not read a poem about radio. However, I think it would be good to use as a catch phrase of radio advertisement. It is complicated because sometimes, it could really not make sense for exapmle
What is this? Some sort of code? We do not know until if we read the poem.
The first 5 sentence
No radio on board
You see that the poet uses the word radio commonly.
This poem has colloquial language. This is because the poet wanted make the poem by using reality words such as “no kidding” It also has rhymes in many places because it is repeating the phrase a lot of times. The tone of this poem is surprised and sad.
This poem shows the importance of the radio. From this, my thought against radio had changed. This poet loves radio that he made a poem of it. I think this poet made the poem in a really good structure. I think the phrases would be really good to use for radio advertisements such as posters or commercials. I really recommend this poem to you people.