Archive for March 2012
In visual art, our unit question was “How can we communicate visually?” We had about 3 month of investigate, plan, and reflection. We used Vincent Van Gogh‘s line drawing as research. I learned that we could communicate by lines, which was really interesting to me. As an example, gradation made my picture more realistic as I could imagine what it looked like. Our assignment was to take pictures from Field Studies. I chose three picture and added as one. I used mountains as back ground, lake as middle, and the kayak and the land as front background.
In this unit not only just I learned something new, but also my strength and weakness. My strength was that my planning was good because I did organized it. However I think I need to improve because I think this isn’t my best, even though I tried my best. I need to improve on drawing it more 3-D by adding gradation. I think I rushed doing my gradation because when I checked my picture, there weren’t much shadings to do. However, I think I could have made shadings even though there aren’t.
I am satisfied with my mountains. As my teacher Mr. Curkovic told all of us, I did not make spaghetti lines. I did not have clouds nor a sun so I can’t say anything. I think I made a big mistake on the lake because the waves are all in different direction which is not realistic. I should have made it in one direction. My woods were okay. I could have made my kayak more better by adding gradation.
To improve my skills, I think I should draw more, not only just art class. I like to draw, so I should draw something when I have nothing to do. Even though I was able to finish my drawing, I think I chatted too much and wasted my time. I should be careful to use my time wisely, so I can draw my drawing slower and better. I think I learned the line techniques of how to draw better by balancing the gradation.
On this unit, our class learned about child labor. We made a debate about child labor. I was in the side of against child labor. I knew that child labor was not good because it makes children not healthy by not eating that much, working them in a difficult place, and beating them up. However, the other group had good reason to keep child labor, so I think it would took time to decide. I was the Dickens’ Triplet, who worked for a factory. They were worked for 14 hours and only eat little food. They said that they should have freedom of not working and have good education. I think the same way also. I think children should have good education because I think having education is important. Also they should not work from 7 years old, because they are too young that the don’t have strength to do well. I think children should have fun since they are energetic. They should play outside.
1. What is this application designed to do? (can you use still images? video? recorded audio? music?)
To make slideshow. It is able to use image, video, and music.
2. What features does this application have that might be useful to you? (list what you think might be useful, even if you don’t plan specifically to use it – you’ll get a better idea of what you actually need when you start designing)
I think application that costs would be good. For example Keynote, iMovie, etc.
3. How easy/difficult is the application to use? What is easy, what is difficult? Explain.
I think using application is getting easy because you are able to watch videos for help. It could be difficult because sometimes there are difficulties of doing something.
4. What are the resources available to help you learn to use the application? (is there a good help-menu? tutorials? youTube videos?)
I think tutorials that are on internet. YouTube could be great also. There are help buttons also.
5. Put the result of your testing – a movie or presentation file of some kind, in the folder on the server. It should have the name BookTrailers_Investigation_ApplicationTest_YourName.
6. Along with the other students who tested the same application you did, present the information above to the class and show them your tests.