CAT | Uncategorized
- Make a new blog post called “It’s Very Probable That I Know” or another heading such as this
- What I Know: In this section, describe what you know about probability. You can also state what activities you have completed in previous years. -Probability is the chance that something will happen – how likely it is that some event will happen.
- What I Want To Know: In this section write what you want to know about probability. Describe what you want to know and give some ideas about how we as a class might be able to complete to help learn this. -We can learn the chance of the happening in a event.
- Probability is important because: In this section, tell me if you think probability is important or not. Tell me where you think it is used and where it is used in the real world. I don’t mind you being a little negative here – but be sensible. -it is important because we will use Probability in future.
- I don’t want to do: In this section – tell us what you do not want to do for this unit.
- Post it!!
- If you finish early – read other people’s post and comment on it. A link of students blogs can be found HERE
In our school, we learned the history of Yokohama and how it is now globalized. All of us made a map by going to Motomachi Street. After we went to Motomachi Street to make a good map, we started making it. I used colors to make it catchy and easy to understand. I think I improved by learning the map that you want to the people to look at. I only added shops, because I want to tell people what shops there are in Motomachi. I think all of us should be proud of the work. I enjoyed making maps because it is not as hard as making essays and I think it can improve our knowledge of using maps or even know what kind of map we need.
For my music I played my violin. The music is called “Gavotte” that is from the Suzuki Book 1.
My problem was that the violin wasn’t tuned correctly so I the sound was wrong My strength was that overall I was able to play the song without a big problem. Also I think I did well on the fast tempo but not the slow ones. I could have improved on many things. I could have improved on playing more smoothly. I think I was too hard that the sound came strong.
This was challenging for me, but I enjoyed playing it. I think it was a great opportunity. I think I will keep practicing this song so I could improve more.
Here is my song.
Please do this assignment on Google Docs, share with your PE teachers and email your PE teacher when finished by the due date (Nov 13th)
1. Please complete the following form with your data.
|Heart Rate at Rest||80 beats per minute||60 beats per minute||60 beats per minute|
|HR after run||160||160||120|
|HR 30s after run||160||150||114|
|HR 60s after run||155||148||108|
|HR 90s after run||151||142||96|
|HR 120s after run||147||136||80|
|HR 150s after run||143||130||78|
|HR 180s after run||138||125||78|
2. Please create a graph that represents your data.
3. Why is your HR high when your body is working? (give a detailed answer in 1 paragaph).
When your body is working, your heart rate goes high, because while your running, your heart asks the brain for more oxygen for your body, so pumps more blood.
4. You can see that your HR goes down after exercise. Please compare Fred’s data with Zoe’s. Which runner is fitter (fred or zoe)? Give a detailed reason why you think this (1 small paragraph).
Zoe is more fit than Fred. It is because the graph shows that Zoe’s heart beats are getting lower faster than Fred’s heart beats. The faster your heart beats go low, the fitter you are.
** Please make sure that:-
- you answered all of the 4 questions.
- your graph is accurate and easy to read.
- your answers are detailed and accurate with the science you have learnt in class.
- Explain the rules about inside the D zone(6m line).
The D zone is area which only the defensive goal keeper is allowed to go in. If the others go in, it would be a violation and will the other team’s ball.
- What’s the goal keeper’s speciality? What can he/she do? Write down as bullet points.
Only the goal keeper is allowed to move freely inside the D zone. In the D zone, they are allowed to use all of their body to block the ball.
- If the ball hits the goal keeper’s hand and goes outside of the court, how is play resumed?
Even the goal keeper touched and went out, the goal keeper is allowed to resume the game, but must be inside the D zone.
- Can players pass the ball to their own goalkeeper?
The players can pass the ball to their own goalkeeper but the keeper is not allowed to go out from the D zone.
- What will happen if the defensive players go inside the 6m line to defend a shot?
It would be violation and will be the other team’s ball.
- What is a “fast throw-off”?
Fast throw off is a tac tic that you immediatly start after the referee continues the game. Players use this tac tic to score goals. It is because it is easy to score since the defence line is unstabled.
- Please identify the differences between basketball and handball rules and explain them.
- dribbling: In dribbling it is same from basketball. After dribbling, you can go until 3 steps. After you go 3 steps, you need to shoot or pass in 3 seconds.
- steps(pivoting): Rules in basketball and in handball are the same. The 3 steps and 3 second rule for handball. You can dribble the way you want, but the player has to give away the ball in 3 seconds.
- throw-offs: We can say throw-offs in handball as same as jump ball in basketball. But in handball the game will start by the team who wins the toss, but in basketball 1 player from each team would jump when the referee would throw the ball into the air.
1. Describe 2 strengths of your basketball play. For example you might explain how you are really good at passing the ball quickly to your team mates. Also explain why this is an important skill.
2. Describe 2 areas for improvement in your basketball play. This might be something to do with you lay up shot. Please explain what exactly you cant quite do.
3. Explain Man to Man defence in detail- Include:
What is it?
When would a coach use man to man defense?
How does it work?
Give some technical pointers (for example use of hands) as to how you would play. Do you know an alternative to man to man defence? When might you use this defense?
4. Name 3 rules in the game of basketball.
5. What is your goal to improve in basketball?
I think 10 criteria is just right. Criteria is important and I think we need a lot to know. However having too much could be a problem either. I think the best is to focus on one of the criteria.
I think I did better than my last 1 minute speech because I was ready. When I did the first speech, I was doing in a rush so I didn’t know what to say. However, in the 3 minute speech, I was ready by having palm cards and I knew what to say. The 3 minute speech still made me nervous. I was too nervous that I got confused about what to say, so I decided to end my speech. It was about 1min 17 seconds which was really short. I need to make my speech longer by having more topics and describing more. My volume was fine and my posture was not a problem either.
I think I need to improve on my eye-contact. This is because I was only looking at the camera, however some people were looking at the audience also. I should have looked at the audience more. Also I think I had a lot of pauses. Of course, pauses are needed, but when I had nothing to say, I paused for a long time. I also said words like “umm” which is bad also. I should have skipped to the next topic that I wanted to say. The most thing that I think I should improve is my pace. My pace was too fast. That even I didn’t really know what I was saying. I think I should talk I bit slower so people can be able to hear me.
In my future I think I should keep up with my speech by not saying words like “umm”. I should also have better eye-contact and pace. I should make my speech longer with more description. I think having that will be a lot different.