- Explain the rules about inside the D zone(6m line).
The 6m line is considered to be one of the most important parts of the hand ball court. In the 6m line is where the goalie is. Only the goalie is allowed in the 6m zone. A player may however jump into the D zone, but he must throw the ball before landing other wise the goal or pass doesn’t count and the play starts with the goal.
- What’s the goal keeper’s speciality? What can he/she do? Write down as bullet points.
- He may be in the D zone all by himself and no one can come in except when the player jumps.
- He may hit the ball behind the end-line and it will be his ball not the oppositions. This is known as a goal throw.
- The goalie doesn’t have to obey the three second rule when throwing the ball from a goal throw. (Shown above)
- He may also go out of the D zone and play as a normal player.
- But if he does this he must wear a bib or something that indicates that he isn’t in goal and is playing as a regular player.
- If the ball hits the goal keeper’s hand and goes outside of the court, how is play resumed?
The goalie will get the ball and the play is resumed when he throws the ball. He is not restricted by the 3 second rule.
- Can players pass the ball to their own goalkeeper?
Yes they can but the goal keeper has to stay inside his D-zone. Or in the case of the goalie playing as another player he has to have a bib on.
- What will happen if the defensive players go inside the 6m line to defend a shot?
There will be a free throw for the other team. They will have a free throw from outside the D-zone where they can shoot or pass. But they have to be standing still.
- What is a “fast throw-off”?
A fast throw of is when the team goes to the middle line and can start right away or very quickly. They can only do this however if the other team is ready.
- Please identify the differences between basketball and handball rules and explain them.
The difference between basket ball and hand ball is that in hand ball you can only take 3 steps with the ball without dribbling and you can only hold the ball for 3 seconds. You can dribble with the ball every three steps to continue moving. But you can only do this 3 times. In basket ball you can only go 2 steps but you can hold the ball for as long as you want. And you can dribble for as long as you want.
In handball there is a special position which means that you piviot and score. You hang around the 9m line and when you get the ball you simply turn around and shoot. You can also get the ball and take a few steps and shoot. In basket ball once you get the ball you cant move any more, you can pivot but not move. Other wise its considered double dribble.
Throws offs happen in many different games not only in basket ball and in hand ball they also happen in soccer and other sports. Basically you have the ball in the middle of the court and this is where the game starts. You pass the ball to one of your players. You must play the ball back behind you. The oppositions defence must be 3 meters away from the ball before the game starts. This is the same as basketball. You have to pass the ball back behind you and the oppositions defence or attack has to be a certain distance away from you.