In Science, we did a rocket experiment. We had to make a rocket, and design it so it will fly well. Here are the results, and also what I felt about the experiment.
Here are some pictures of our group working on our rocket.
Here was the aim for our experiment:To see how far each rocket can go, due to the air pressure.
Here was my prediction for the rocket which flew the highest.
I thought that Group two’s rocket would fly the highest because it was the most aero dynamic. If it aero dynamic, the air will just slide nicely over the rocket’s surface. If the front of the rocket is bulky and flat like our one was, the air will band against the front, and it will be dragged downward.
Here were the material we were allowed to use:
We had 3 water bottles, 1 foam sheet, some hard cardboard paper and sticky tape. First we made 4 fins out of the foam sheet by making one in the beginning, and then cutting it with a knife, and then tracing that one 3 times and cutting those ones. While someone was cutting, we put tape around the fins so it would become smooth. Then we put 2 pieces of tape to stick the fin, and stuck it to the bottom of the round water bottle .Then we cut the bottom half of the squared water bottle which was very tricky and then taped that to the bottle cap part, since the water would be coming out of that.
So, in the end Group 2 and group 1′s rocket flew the highest, so my prediction was correct. Group 4′s rocket had a leak, so there rocket flew extremely high. Not. There rocket only flew 10 cm, so that was very unfortunate.
Overall, I liked this experiment, and I think I learnt many new skills about make rockets streamlined.
Here are some videos.
This video shows us launching the rocket we made in science class.
In this video, it shows us launch the rocket we made in science class.