Look at it, and see………………………
1. What is the purpose of the lungs?
To get oxygen in the circulatory system.
2. How does oxygen get from the lungs to where it is needed in the body?
By the circulatory system.
3. Suggest a reason why the lungs are so close to the heart.
So the pressure of the heart is more effective.
4. Explain what the diaphragm is for and how it helps us.
It inflates the rib cage. It helps us by letting more air go into the lungs.
5. Explain why the alveoli have such a large surface area (70 square metres for the average human).
Because it is scrunched up so it can diffuse more.
How long did you spend altogether on this assignment?
Altogether, I spent about 30 minutes everyday on this project, but during the weekend, I spent 40 minutes on Saturday, and 45 minutes on Sunday
List some things that you have learned about food and digestion from completing this assignment
I learned that the stomach is full of acid, and I didn’t know this until I did this project. Also, I didn’t know that it took so long for a single piece of kombu to digest, but now I know that it takes a long time.
What about the assessment are you especially proud of?
I am proud of my Keynote Presentation, because I think I organized my work well, and I made my work as specific as possible.
What about the assessment would you do differently if you did it again?
I would probably make a movie instead of Keynote because you can put more information on a video than on a Keynote, and it takes less time to make a Video on iMovie, that to make a slideshow.