In Tech class we have recently been working on a project including minecraft. Minecraft is a resource that is helpful to use for some things, but can also be very distracting. For this project we had to create a theme park. We split up into groups and brainstormed themes to use, we had a discussion and decided to use the themes Atlantic, Space, Sky land and Jungle. My groups theme was Jungle and within this theme we all built our own structure. The first stage of this project was to research about minecraft, which really helped me because I don’t know much about minecraft.
To make sure that we knew what kind of assignment we were given and what we needed to succeed in our groups we created a design specification. This helped me understand exactly what I needed to create. I thought of about 8-10 questions that I could test my self after I created the structure and theme. My structure was a tree top village. These are my questions and answers:
- Does my structure apply to the groups theme? Yes, my structure does. It includes jungle vines and jungle wood to make it look like it is in the jungle. I researched some structure’s that are in the jungle and applied it to my own, such as huts. At the beginning i built some really boring houses, so I changed the structure. Connor (one of my group members) helped me with applying it to our theme and also joining it to the Sky land’s theme so it had a connection somehow.
- Is my structure complete? Yes my structure is complete, even though there were some problems with the server crashing.
- Is my attraction entertaining? My structure isn’t a roller coaster or a type of ride, but it is still something that is fun to look at and go inside.
- Does my structure match my plan? My structure changed a bit while I was in the process of making it, but I then referred back to my original plan and ideas.
- Is my structure aesthetically pleasing? I think that it is, because it is simple to look at. I used a pattern of houses on top of the trees.
- Is the scale of my structure appropriate? I think that it is, but It looks small compared to the other structures and the big trees that are below it. I think that if I decided to make it any bigger then the village wouldn’t look realistic.
- Does my structure have a purpose? I think that my structures purpose is to attract people, to make them want to come to this part of the theme park.
- Does my layout fit with the theme? For our section my group decided to use layers around the trees, so to build a layer at the bottom, middle and top. I think that this lay out fits the jungle theme because in the jungle there are vines hanging from high places and there are objects higher and lower.
- Is the location of my structure appropriate? I had to create a tree top village, so I decided to create it on top of some high trees. At first the location was fine, but them we noticed that the skyland were building lower because of the height limit. I had to think if I should move my structure, but instead I decided to adjust it.