In tutor class, we discussed about bullying, and the forms and the ways to cope with it.
I think bullying is when somebody (or you) forces somebody else to do something that he/she wants. To say it easier, it is similar to being mean, but with more violence. There are all sorts of bullying that hurt people’s feelings such as cyber bullying, that can happen online on social network such as Facebook.
- What are the forms of bullying?
Some of the forms of bullying are:
- Physical bullying involves violence to a person’s body such as punching and kicking. Stealing and taking people’s belongings can also go into Physical bullying.
- Verbal bullying that involve talking about a person in an unkind or hurtful way such as rumors.
- Sexual bullying that leaves a person out because of their gender and the bully demonstrates an unwelcome behavior.
- Emotional bullying involves excluding or embarrassing somebody.
- Racial bullying which includes calling names.
- What strategies do you have to cope with bullying?
You can always deal with bullying. One of the best way of dealing with bullying is by ignoring the bully. You can ignore them by walking past them when as if they are not there. Also, you can ignore them by not answering them if they talk to you, Finally, you can scream at them to “STOP THAT!!” (not crying, scream loudly and firmly). You can also go and tell an adult such as the teacher or the principle (if you are a student going to school).
Here are the website links I looked at for the questions:
What is bullying? (Dictionary)
What are the forms of bullying?
What strategies do you have to cope with bullying?
In today’s tutor class, we talked about a question:
What factors influence our Decision Making?
Here are some of the ideas we discussed in class:
Decision Making is an idea you can get from environment, families/relatives, friends/peer, money, religion, culture, media, your brain, and popularity.
During (our first) Tutor class (in 7th grade), we made a pages document about “What kind of student do I want to be?” I want to be a…..
Which 3 things are you most proud of from last semester and why?
I was most proud of my:
- blog reflections
I am proud of these things because I got good grades on my presentations, reflections and assessments. I think I really did good on these 3 things.
My goal for this semester is to Improve on grammar and spelling for essays and blog posts. I plan to to achieve it by making more blog posts, write more essays and review them very carefully when needed.