Bullying is a form of aggressive behavior done repetitively,which causes another person an injury or discomfort.Bullying can take the form of physical contact,words or more subtle actions.
Types of Bullying
Verbal bullying -Teasing,Name-calling.
Social Bullying – Leaving someone out on purpose,Telling other children not to be friends with someone,Spreading rumors about someone,Embarrassing someone in public.
Physical bullying - Hitting/kicking/pinching , Spitting, Tripping/pushing,Taking or breaking someone’s things,Making mean or rude hand gestures.
There are a lot of reasons of why people bully.
- Having family problems
- Being bullied themselves
- Being selfish or spoilt and always want to get their own way
- Having no friends and feel lonely
- Feeling bad about themselves and want to make other feel bad too
- Taking out their own frustration on others
- Feeling insecure and unimportant – bullying gives them power
- Bullied into joining a bully gang and have gone along with things just to keep on the bully’s good side
- Not understanding how bad victims feel
For younger children the best way to deal with bullying is to ask help from your parents or teachers.For teenagers telling and adult is not the best way because you might get bullyed more because you tattletaled but its a good idea to at least tell.Other ways are to know when to walk a way and avoid the bully,Tell the bully how you feel this might not work but it is a good idea becasue the bully might understand.