Koto rhythm

In koto class we made our own rhythms.

I made a few but this was my best one (for me).

We had to repeat a 8 note piece two times to make a 16 one.

Tutorial Plan Reflection

Our unit this time for technology was about tutorials, the first step was to plan making our own tutorials. On this blog post I would like to reflect and show my 2 works for planning.

First in our class we stared by making a story board to get a brief idea for making our tutorial. By looking the story board I made, I can see that it meets the criteria, step-by-stepscript and subtitles and neat.

– For step by step I think it meets to the criteria because I think I made the script without missing any parts to make it easy to understand (for example I didn’t just skip a whole bunch of steps to the end). For me that means that I made the planning in step by step.

– For script and subtitles I think it meets because instead of complicated words I chose simple and easy words so almost any age could understand what the steps are easily.

– For the last criteria neat I think it  meets because I kept it easy to hear more by not planning to add any background music while I was explaining the steps.

I think keeping the background and subtitles clean will make my tutorial a good tutorial. This is my opinion but I think the viewers would learn more about what I want to teach because they won’t get distracted by other parts on the tutorial while watching.

I think I need to learn how to edit the recording I did so it doesn’t sound weird on imovie (e.g. my voice overlaps) because I practice record and I edited a little but it kind of sounded strange because some parts my voice would overlap and on other parts my voice would get cut off.

My best speech in drama

In drama so far I did 2 speeches (the 1min speech about my passion, and a 1min half ~ 2min speech about an important person). For me I think I did better on the 1min speech than the other speech because for me speaking about my passion was easier than talking about my important people. I included more details and also it was pretty fun introducing what I like to other people (though I was king of nervous). The bad thing about the 1 min speech is that my voice was too small, I know that my voice is small but still I get a little shocked when I see my self doing a speech on a video. I needed to turn up my volume so I can hear myself, I think thats the part I really have to improve when I’m speaking to people or doing a speech.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Our Forces Design Task: Wrapping Up The Experiment

~Completing our Experiment~

To complete our experiment we threw 3 different types of airplanes the dart, the arrow and the moth 3 times each and recorded the distance (My group used the same person to throw to have less errors). After we were done recording all the distance for every paper airplane we calculated the average to be accurate with the distance (adding the 3 records for 1 paper airplane and dividing it with 1). The weird part in this experiment was some how we made a mistake on folding one paper airplane (the moth) and it didn’t really fly properly so I think that was the part we needed to be careful before throwing the paper airplane.

My partner Sayaka
me taking notes…

~Our Results~

This is the a chart and graph for our results from throwing all the paper airplanes (it’s in the order of paper airplane we threw The arrow to the last one the moth).

The graph about our results
this is a chart about our results

~What Our Results Mean~

In the results on the chart and graph I can see that it shows that the Arrow flies the most. The dart is the second and the moth has the least distance flying. By looking at both (the chart and graph) of the images that shows the results I think there isn’t any errors on throwing it.

~Errors In Our Data~

As I already said in the first paragraph (completing our experiment) one of the errors was that we made a mistake on folding one of the paper airplanes. The good part was is that this error didn’t cause any affect on our results because I threw it before we actually recorded the distance and it didn’t really fly. First we thought it only flies a short distance but after we checked how we made it we found out that one part had a mistake on folding it. So we asked some other person to make it for our group and it flew much farther.

~And Our Hypothesis Was….~

Our hypothesis was that we think the arrow flies te most. Our hypothesis was right. I think the arrow flys the most because it has a slim body and has less air pressure wich makes it available to move faster and longer. This is my guess but I think one of the good example to explain this easier is the sword fish(billfish). I think the swordfish can relate to how the arrow flies the most because as you might know swordfish has a very fast speed to swim, and the same thing as the paper airplane, having a slim shape helps to swim fast. It decreases the water pressure to move fast. So I think slim paper airplanes (the arrow) flies the most because it also has less air pressure while flying.

~And The Rest~

Before we started this experiment my group was planning that we should do 5 kinds of different paper airplanes but unfortunately part of the paper airplanes was to complicated to make and it kind of took time (+ we gave up) so we ended up with using 1 complicated paper airplane (somebody else thats not in our group made it for us) and 2 other easier paper airplanes. My group learned that we should stop making the paper airplanes that are too complicated to make.

~Moving Forward~

I think to extend this experiment I think we can add timing how many seconds it took until it touches the ground. That way you can look at two different things the distance and time, which I think might be more interesting.