- What were the top three countries in terms in international arrivals in 2014
France, The United States, and Spain continue to top the rankings by both international arrivals and receipts. The Americas recorded the strongest growth with an 8% increase in international arrivals.
- What were the top three countries in terms of international receipts in 2014?
France, The United States, and Spain continue to top the rankings by both international arrivals and receipts. International tourist receipts reached US$ 1245 billion worldwide in 2014.
- Explain the difference in patterns depicted by your answers of question 1 and 2.
The top three countries in both international arrivals and receipts in 2014 are the same 3 countries. Both increasing.
- Describe the recent trends of tourism in Africa.
By UNWTO region in 2015, Africa has increased 3-5%. Every year it seems as though Africa’s international tourists arrivals decrease and its annual average growth over the past 15 years is only by 4.3%.
- Describe the changes in international tourist arrivals between 1950 and 2010. (p.14)
In 1950, globally international tourist arrivals received was less than 200 million and has now increased to more than 1100 million.
- In your opinion, why has tourism increased since the 1950s?
As time passes technology and transportation has significantly advanced, making it easier for tourists to visit other countries. Also, since traveling has become popular over the years it has also gotten cheaper and much easier.