In this unit we focused on pathos and how it is used in poetry and advertisement. We explored many literary devices and created a screencast analysing the difference between an ad and a poem. As for our last assignment we created a persuasive poem or ad, and we then created a rationale explaining the pathos techniques we incorporated.
In this unit I learned that tone and mood can be very different as the author can have a certain tone which in turn gives off a different mood. I also learned how to use some more literary devices such as anagrams, and portmanteau, with these I can more effectively express pathos in my audience.
In conclusion through this unit I have encountered a new form of persuading an audience and I will keep it in my mind for future reference. This unit has been more unique than the others and I look forward to having some more intriguing units in English class.
1. Helene’s weekend was boring, she only did her homework and read some books.
2 Magali had a good weekend because she had a great time with her friends.
3. Magali likes Ahmed because she thought he was very nice.
4. Magali has to hang up because her father wants to use the phone.
1. Elle est allee au theatre antique.
2. Elle a rencontre un garcon sympa.
3. Elle est allee aux Baux-de-Provence
4. Elle a parle avec Helene au telephone
1. le pere de Magali
2. C’est… a l’appareil
3. Tu as passe un bon week-end?
4. Qu’est-ce que tu as fait?
5. Attends une seconde
6. Qu’est-ce qui s’est passe?
She went to go buy some souvenirs for her trip with her friends. Right after that she went to see the ruins of the castle and check out the village.
In our music unit, Sho and I created a chord progression song in garageband.
Firstly I will talk about how working with a partner actually improved the song we created immensely. As the saying goes, two minds are better than one; and so with more ideas we developed a better-sounding chord progression and this also allowed us to perform live using two instruments (piano and mouth/beatbox).
As for the problems Sho and I encountered on our journey; they weren’t really that grave. The only problem was me not being able to think up of a melody and so we had to substitute that with beatbox which turned out great. Other than that no other problems were grave enough to stop us in our path.
The piece Sho and I created may have not been good enough to be put on the radio and so on, however we still think it was pleasing to the ears and so could be performed at any small event. Although we didn’t have a melody the beatbox really did make up for it.
Lastly, I will talk about what we need to do in order to do a better job next time. The most important part we must improve on is just creating a melody that fits the progression, with a good melody and beatboxing the song would have been much better.