My Favorite Tutorial

I would choose the first one that I watched because it told you every detail that you have to put in to draw very nicely. It was really easy to draw the character’s face because he talked while he drew and he also described the parts of Homer Simpson’s face with simple shapes and lines. I think the tutorial was attractive and easy to see because in the introduction he showed how well he can draw by showing the character’s he drew before and he also controlled the brightness of the light to show his drawing clearly. In this tutorial, I learned that Homer Simpson has a letter “M” shape beside his eyes, a cartoon face always doesn’t have to have a realistic face and I also learned that Homer Simpson has ears below his eyes instead of having them beside it. I think when your making a tutorial, thinking from the audience’s perspective and telling the audience the right thing is the most important thing to think about. I think so because if you don’t think from the audience’s perspective, then they will think that your tutorial is horrible and they might not look at it anymore. I think to improve this tutorial he should slow down a little bit and change the angle of the camera because I sometimes couldn’t follow what he was saying and I couldn’t see what he drew for that step.

13 comments

1. Satono · January 19, 2013 at 8:45 am ·

I learned, how to draw Homer simpson mouth.
    What makes it a good tutorial? Why?
    I liked how he explane really pacifically. That is good because people will know more easily.
    What would be difficult to learn from this tutorial? Why?
    It could been helpful by talking and drawing a little bit slowly so that people wont get rushed and they could understand more.

2. Emma · January 20, 2013 at 8:30 am ·

I learned how to draw a Homer Simpson. I also learned that you write the ears below the eyeline. I thought this is a good tutorial because he told us the steps by little by little so that we will know the order of drawing it. I thought it could have been helpful if he spoke a little slowly because it was hard to understand.

3. Loretta · January 20, 2013 at 8:54 am ·

I learnt that Homer Simpson needs a lot of different shapes for the face.

What would be difficult to learn from this tutorial? Why?
    I think that it would be hard to learn why you need some shapes like a M at the side of the head. That isn’t really important because all it has to do is look alike not just make sense. I am just interested about why.

A good tutorial needs to be well prepared and clear. If you talk which is good it should be spoken clearly and to be well pronounced. There shouldn’t be anything distracting but it should be introduced. In the introduction it should say what you need before you start. Finally a good tutorial needs to be focused and not too long.

4. Emma · January 21, 2013 at 9:18 am ·

From the video I learned a lot about how to draw Hommer Simpson and how to draw some other cartoon characters. I also learned that Hommer Simpson have 2 hairs over each other. I think this tutorial is really good because the guy had a clear voice that was easy to understand and He used some hand gestures as well. I think that the video had a good angle on the camera because when he was talking the camera was directly on him and when he was drawing it was directly on the drawing. I think that he also could have spoken slower and he could have made the video go slower, because when he was drawing it was pretty fast and it was a little hard to see.

5. Aisling · January 21, 2013 at 12:22 pm ·

I learnt how to draw homer simpsons structure by him explaining every bit in detail I understood What exactly what to draw.I think This Tutorial Was good because The man Had a clear voice and the camera zoomed in when there was little detail and the viewer could really see what the man was drawing.The man also showed us the finished product so that we knew what we were going to draw.I thought The video was on too fast motion that i could not follow the man 😛

6. Sayaka · January 21, 2013 at 11:11 pm ·

Once I tried to draw homer but I failed.. and when I watched it, it was looked really easy and I want to try to draw it. I think he had a engaged voice and he didn’t really use language thats really difficult so that many people can look at his blog.

7. Hana · January 28, 2013 at 2:43 am ·

That is a very good Homer Simpson and I know why you chose that tutorial.b I tried to draw with that tutorial but I failed but it’s better than with out the tutorial. I think that his voice was really clear and easy to hear and he used simple words incase a young child or student like us want to try drawing it. I think this was a very good tutorial and I hope that you make a very good tutorial!

8. Pingback: Technology Tutorial investigation Reflection | Satono's blog ♬
  9. Pingback: Investigation Reflection | Emma's Blog :)
  10. Pingback: Tutorial investigation reflection | Aisling's Strange Blog
  11. Pingback: Tech: Tutorial Investigate Reflection | Sayaka's Happy blog :D
  12. Pingback: Investigate Reflection of Tutorials! | Loretta's Adventures
  13. Pingback: Tech: Tutorial Investigate Reflection | Hana's Awesome Blog :D :)