During the EAL class, we worked on minecraft for 5 periods. The thing that we needed to do was creating a house as a group, and I worked with Erik and Sho. Our house name was “Escape the house2”, and we decided to build three rooms at house. Those three rooms were bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom and I created a bedroom.
This is a picture that I referred to :
1. What was the goal of this project?
-The goal of this project is escaping the house. To escape, player have to find 2 sticks and two diamonds. Those are hidden in 3 rooms, which is bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom.
2. How did your group divided the work? What was your role?
-Our group decided to build a room for each person. My role was making bedroom, and I had to hide a diamond and a stick.
3. What kind of challenges/obstacles did you face as a member of the group? How did you solve these problems?
-While creating the room, I was a little bit worried because I did not experience minecraft a lot. I thought my room would not be as good as other teammates’ rooms. Therefore, I asked my teammates’ how could I improve my room. By my teammates’ help, I could create my room better and easier.
4. What suggestions did you give? How did your group accept them? How did you handle rejection?
-I gave suggestions to my teammates about changing the colour of my room’s floor to separate carpet and floor.
5. What can you do differently next time to make things work more smoothly?
-It would be better if we write how to play minecraft for the beginners. Also, it would be better if we make our room bigger.
6. How do you plan to share your minecraft game to other studnets, friends, and adults?
-We already showed our walkthrough to Grade 4 students by visiting their class. Also, our teacher, Ms. Jungnitsch uploaded our walkthrough video to Youtube, so I think people are able to watch video who are interested in minecraft.
This is our walkthrough video. Enjoy!