Today in French class, we created our own skits on a topic related to school supplies and not having those shool supplies brought to school. I was in a group with Tsuyoshi and Alex. I was a student who didn’t lend Tsuyoshi (the boy who forgets his stuff) because I don’t have what he needs. Well hope you like and learn something (if your’re not learning French…I’m sorry.)
In French class we have started a new unit on school supplies. On this blog post, I’m going to write the answers for each question on the video we watched in class. Here is where you cand find the website to the questions. Login, select chapitre 3 and also select mise en train. Then once you have selected, you just click on “Go!” and find Activités 1-5 on that page.
1. What is the relationship between Julie and Mme Pelletier? How do you know? Julie is the daughter of Mme Pelletier and Mme Pelletier is the mother of Julie. It seems that they live in the same house and they discuss a lot together.
2. Where are they? They are in a stationary or either a school supply store.
3. What are they doing there? They are trying to find the eqiupments and supplies for Julie’s school.
4. Why does Julie need a calculator? She needs a calculator to use it for her English class.
5. What is Mme Pelletier’s main concern? She does not agree with what Julie suggests to buy. Julie wants to buy a green bag, but Mme Pelletier disagrees because it’s too expensive and thinks it’s better to buy a different one.
6. What do you think of Julie’s decision at the end of Pas question!? It was really smart for her to buy a cheaper bag than the other bag she wanted to buy and got her mother a blue t-shirt, not spending the rest of the money on her own.
1. Elle aime la calculatrice à 80 € is said by Julie so it becomes “Julie aime la calculatrice à 80 €.”
2. Elle voudrait une calculatrice-traductrice is said by Julie so it becomes “Julie voudrait une calculatrice-traductrice.”
3. Elle aime mieux le sac à 12 € is said by Mme Pelletier so it becomes ”Mme Pelletier aime mieux le sac à 12 €.”
4. Elle aime mieux le sac vert is said by Julie so it becomes “Julie aime mieux le sac vert.
5. Elle va aller à l’école sans sac is said by Julie so it becomes “Julie va aller à l’école sans sac.”
6. Elle n’achète pas un sac à 33 € is said by Mme Pelletier so it becomes “Mme Pelletier n’achète pas un sac à 33 €.”
1. ask what someone needs? Qu’est-ce qu’il te faut?
2. tell what you need? Il me faut…
3. get a salesperson’s attention? Pardon, mademoiselle.
4. ask the price of something? C’est combien?
5. say you like or prefer something? J’aime mieux…
6. say you don’t like something? Je n’aime pas que!
1. Mme Pelletier asks Julie what she needs for school.
2. Mme Pelletier asks a salesperson if she has any pencil cases.
3. Mme Pelletier asks the price of a box of coloured pencils.
4. Mme Pelletier asks the price of a calculator.
5. Julie points out a bag she likes.
6. Julie says she will go to school without a bag.
What do you think will happen next in the story? I think in the next story, Julie is probably going to see all of her students in class having more expensive bags than hers and she will ask Mme Pelletier to buy another one instead of the bag she has right now. Then she will greed Mme Pelletier to buy it and she will bring it to school the next day.