Tutorial Video: Creating a Solution

Intro

So far, we made our own tutorial video. What I learned is how to make create good video while we’re taking. I had fun during this lesson and I can’t believe this is our last unit. Well I had fun all the time during the design class and this unit was my best. Even I got the low score I don’t really mind because it was a great unit.

Connect

I think my tutorial video was good because I made everything simple, had a subtitle and used side by side when I was teaching how to do it. However, I had a some bad parts like not talking with a clear voice or forgetting to zoom to the important part. For example,  I said “click to the speech bubbled marked thing” instead of being more specific. This was kind of my option but I also didn’t do” the fast and slow motion. I changed many parts from my storyboard. I quit the transition because it didn’t fit it to my video. I changed my topic to iMovie Side by Side because when I was taking my video I only talked about Side by Side.

Extend

My new ideas that I got that extended my thinking in a new way was adding subtitles to my video because I was concerned that I was not fluent and wanted my listener to understand my message. Before this I never considered the listener’s point of view.

These people are that I comment on

Kai, Koki, Yuichiro

Challenge

My challenge is when I give a tutorial without reading.  I am not fluent and that is  hard for the listener to understand my message. It was also challenging because it was my first time using Final Cut Pro. I usually use iMovie to create a video. I still have a question for the iMovie and Final Cut Pro which is how to join the clip that is split.

Conclusion

I had fun during creating video. I should improve more with the talking because I was not fluent. I could improve my talking by more practice what I’m going to talk. Next time, I should use iMovie because iMovie was easier than Final Cut Pro.

7 thoughts on “Tutorial Video: Creating a Solution

1. Yuichiro January 14, 2015 / 5:48 am

I liked how you showed how to do it but the voice was a little loud then it changes small so I think you should just voice over everything in once.

2. 21boweringk January 18, 2015 / 8:52 am

I like how you made your subtites have contrast with the dark background of iMovie. I also liked how you made your iMovie show side by side and how you took us through how do it step by step. In your video I learned how to do iMovies side by side and how to bring images into iMovie. I think you could improve on making a clear voice maybe by not changeling the place you are every step and I think there was too much background noise.

3. 21hattorik January 19, 2015 / 10:27 am

I liked how you had a very clear voice which was good. I liked your music or the song you had for the tutorial. You said lots of details.
    I learned you can make your tutorial simple and make it better. I learned you can take a video by doing the video in a video.
    But your opening or something like that is too long! Make it shorter if you can.
    But it was great!!

4. Jaehyun January 19, 2015 / 1:04 pm

I like how you showed your face in the video, give the real example and the voice was clear enough to hear.
    I leaned how to to do side by side. I forgot how to do it!
    I think you have to work on the screen recording because it has too many separate videos and the voice over.

5. Kim Cofino January 21, 2015 / 1:27 am

Great job Takumi! I really appreciate your comments about what you did well, and what you were missing. It’s good to reflect about your work so that you know what you can improve on next time. I’m so glad you enjoyed this project!

6. Yuichiro January 21, 2015 / 1:20 pm

I liked your way to show how to do it, your face and your subtitles because your voice was weird. Thanks for telling me how to do side by side because last time when I tried it didn’t work. Also I learned lots of things because you showed us the adjust button. I think your voice should be improved.

7. 21muil May 20, 2015 / 9:52 pm

Hi Takumi!

I think you did a very good job idea of your topic. It was simple, and you delivered it well. I also liked the clearness of your voice, I was able to hear your voice clearly and follow the instructions. Finally, another thing I really enjoyed what you’ve done was how you added your face on the different parts of the video clip. Is was almost as if you were teaching me your tutorial in really person! I learnt that I could do picture in picture for videos too. I thought that you could only do a video clip on the bottom with a picture on the top. (Never both). I can’t wait to try it out! I think one thing you could work on is your background image. It was the puzzle and dragons wallpaper with all the little balls. It was quite a confusing background because I noticed my eyes drifting on to inspect your background. Other than that, great tutorial Takumi!

Lukus