Overall Unit 3 was fun, I thought that I learned a lot of things and there’s a lot more to improve. New expressions, new types of conjugation and more. It was definitely more advanced than unit 2 or 3 and definitely more entertaining. Since my teacher doesn’t like normal stuff these are some reflection for unit 3 with other ways.
- What are 7 ways what you learned is like Harry Potter, Star Wars, or another movie of your choice? I would say that this was just like the movie “triple X”. There were so many hard things or problems we faced and these are 7 ways I overcame those problems. 1. Grouping up with my own friends: I would say that learning Spanish with Noa is one of the funniest thing ever. We make a lot of “weird” jokes with new vocabs and expressions and just having fun in class. We also abuse the certain word so that we remember it well and sometimes our table fellows gets annoyed. In the movie the main character receives this impossible mission. The government gives him a troop but he brings his own friends and completes the mission. 2. Trying out new things: I think that in class and also just when were doing something Spanish related we try new things and not be afraid. Learning the words we already learnt and creating or just having fun making new expressions and trying them out in class. This is just fun but also helps our table to get points. This happens a lot through the movie when they face a big problem the whole team tries new things and risk themselves. 3. Going back to the past: In the movie whenever they hit a problem they think what they did and what happened before or in the past. What I do is whenever I have to write something in past tense. Think about what I am going to write, check the verb if it’s -ar or -er/-ir or irregular, conjugate it correctly, read and think and if it sounds nice I go with it. Each step I take or revise it carefully so that there is no mistakes but I think this would improve a lot if I spend time on studying what we learnt each class so I won’t forget important things needed in these steps. 4. Going recklessly: I think that this movies has so many reckless places which seems like it reflects to me. I try out new things, but whenever I don’t know the answer I try using the knowledge I have and if it sounds good I just try it out. I think sometimes in studying going recklessly makes you remember it easier, if you make a mistake it reminds you of it and even if you get it correct the feeling when your like “it’s right?” reminds you of it as well anyways. So I think this reflects to how I study as well. 5. Out side of class: In the movie the group called “Triple X” does the mission. But since they have this special talent of stunts and things they use it outside of the mission at the start helping poor villages/city and just playing around. I think that I do this a lot for Spanish as well. Not just in class but also using them with Noa when we go out together, speaking in Spanish with my mom and etc. 6. Having Fun: In the movie they wont just complete the mission. They have fun, play around and complete the mission. Just like the movie does I have a lot of fun. My teacher Mrs. Hill is pretty…. lets say “unique” or “interesting”. But having class with this “unique” teacher is probably why it made me so engaged in Spanish and so entertained. One of the best teacher and makes learning fun at the same time, making us learn “kiss me” or “touch me” is probably only this teacher. She also wears sandals to class. 7. Not just learning what’s on the board: In the movie they kind of disobey the government. They say use this, do that but the group does it by it’s own way and complete the mission. What I do is I listen to what’s going on and not just copying notes from the board, I try to make it so that it’s easy to understand the thing we’re learning and learn it my way.
- Write a headline of no more than 10 words to summarize your learning this unit. New, Fun, Hard, Loco, Expressions, Study, Past, Puns, Intense, Button.
- Write down keywords from your learning. Arrange them into a poem. New, Fun, Expressions, Study, Past, Tense, Intense Poem?:Late to class and I run, Wearing shorts because of the sun, Learning Spanish is so much fun, Today Past tense?, Learning this in just with my fast tense, Making it all intense, Learning new expressions, the teacher says nice comprehension, and I say its easy, small progression.
- Use a metaphor and a simile to describe the preterite and/or the direct/indirect/reflexive pronouns. Metaphor: New things and learning preterite and/or the direct/indirect/reflexive pronouns is Time. Once you start learning it’s hard and takes long, but as time passes goes smoothly and feels fast just like nothings there. Smile: Learning preterite and/or the direct/indirect/reflexive pronouns is like Basketball. Once you start, it’s hard and not fun to learn the basics, but once you get the hang of it everything uses basically the same stem and becomes easy.
I think that the 2 years of learning was a great experience. We learned a lot of skills and a lot about koto. Sometimes it was hard and boring to learn, but I think that every thing was worth it at the end. We had a lot of concerts, the winter concerts, and small concerts in our local community. To be honest practicing is not that fun, since we are in base koto we had to go every morning. But I feel like it was worth my time.
- My practice strategies were coming to practice constantly. I think this is good because we get to practice with a group and since we practice on certain days we can remind each other and move forwards together. Also our other strategy was to go in morning and to agree with the others. This is good because if everyone agrees everyone has a responsibility.
- Since I’m in the base koto group we have to practice in school. But I think that keeps us on task as well. Because there are teachers in that environment we get to focus a lot while practice and when we need help we can ask the teacher. I think it is really hard to come practice consistently but it is really helpful once you get the hang of it.
- To be honest we had a lot of problems. Because we just started playing the base koto everything was pretty hard, but the hard parts ended up really fun and good at the end. For example page 8 line 1 to 2, at the start we didn’t get the pattern but as we practiced we got better and now were perfect with it. I think we don’t have any strategy. What we do is just we practice as a team and ask the teacher for advice.
- Right now page 12 line 4 to page 13 line 3 is the hard bit for us. The reason why is because theres a lot of presses and moves up and down the koto. Recently were getting the pattern but I think we need to practice more.
- Even though it is nervous playing with the others but it’s really enjoying when the piece comes together. Also the feeling of accomplishment when you do the hard part perfectly that is really enjoyable as well. The challenging part is where we have to bring the piece together. The reason why is because each koto have different hard parts. So the challenge is to keep up the pace with the other kotos. But this can be improved by more practicing.
Learning Spanish for 2 years changed my Spanish skilled changed a lot compared to the start of the year. Of course through out those years it changed my improvements and what I am doing good. But for now I would like to talk about things to improve right now and what I am doing good for now.
- I think that I have to review the final product. The reason why is because I think that I make really easy errors that are easy to change if I reviewed my test. Also sometimes when I look through my test twice I sometimes find parts that are not that descriptive and edit so that it becomes better.
- The second improvement I have to make is to read the test problem. I have to do this because I usually read the first sentence and head off to the test. For example when it says “You have to write a letter to a student that is coming to YIS, this should be 250 to 500 words.” I start writing the letter and end up making a huge mistake. I think this is one of the major improvement I have to change.
- I think that accents for Spanish is pretty hard for me. Even though I am getting better at it as we take more tests but I think that I still can improve a lot. To improve this I would like to review my notes constantly and also maybe change the accents color to red so that it stands out.
What I am doing good so far
- So far I think I am doing a good job. Even though I made mistakes in tests I think that it is easy to improve if I spend time. The first thing that I am doing good is using new vocab, expressions and etc. I tend to use new things a lot. And I think it is a good thing to use new things, but I usually make minor mistakes in those. So thats why I chose reviewing notes for one of the improvements.
- I think that my basic Spanish is starting to improve. Im starting to get use to conjugating and using the right vocab. Also when I talk I feel like I am talking fluently for those basic Spanish so thats one thing that I am doing good for now.
- I think that I am doing a good job of having fun learning Spanish even though sometimes are tough I think it’s been worth it. I am looking forward to have more fun and progressively get more fluent and have Spanish as my third language.
Throughout the two years of learning Spanish I learned a lot of things, and one of them were to set a goal so that I can achieve my goal at the end of the year. For this year I have 4 goals.
The first goal is to use the online text book “Avancemos” frequently. The reason why is because in the past I was only reviewing my notes, and it’s not bad reviewing your notes but reviewing the text book can tell you something you forgot to take notes or even make you understand things better.
The second goal is to Learn/review notes frequently. What I learned last year was that I was only studying before assignments, and that is not good. So reviewing your notes frequently can make you remember things easier and help you before assignments to study other things. (like 30 min 3 days per week)
The third goal is to start assignments quickly so that I have time to ask questions and review it with my teachers so that I don’t have problems at the last second.
The fourth goal is to have fun learning Spanish.
I think every one of us dreamed about going to space or living out of earth. Well one day that day might come, while we are living on a planet called earth, the earth is starting to break apart. Global warming, cutting trees, littering and other problems. You may think people make a big fuss about it. Well actually they are trying to prevent us from leaving earth. These things are causing earth to die and we started getting aware of it now, if we new this from the past maybe this wouldn’t of happened. Let’s say that the earth started warming too much and people cut too much trees. Our planet won’t have O2 and our planet will over heat. There are a lot of problems to move to mars, but on this text we’re going to focus on poor soil condition. We need good condition of soil because plants won’t grow, which basically means life won’t appear on Mars. Also as I said plants preform photosynthesis. They breath in CO2 and breath out O2. It is basically creating oxygen for us.
To create good condition of soil on Mars we can either ship dirt to Mars or keep planting plants on mars and create dirt from dead corps. Transporting tons of dirt to Mars would be really expensive in both environmental cost and money. Transporting dirt will take a lot of money as I said, and maybe the dirt here won’t suddenly match Mars’ climate.
The other option is to keep plating plants on Mars so that in a long time there would be dirt made out of dead corps. Now the problems for these options. For creating dirt from dead corps, this will take a long time, like really long. Also if we were to keep on planting plants, we have to plant plants for a daily bases so the astronauts has to stay there for a long time.
In conclusion I think the second option is better, even though it takes a long time and the astronauts will have to stay there for a long time. This option includes photosynthesis, which is a good thing, the soil or the plant is going to evolve for the climate on Mars. Slowly the plants are going to evolve for protection of the amount of radiation on mars, and slowly but the soil are going to evolve for plants too grow on mars. If this happens these plants can look different or taste different but this way is safe and the best for Mars. The other problem is the astronauts problem. They will have to stay there for a while, a long time. So on scheduled based times the second group of astronaut can fly to Mars, which makes the other group to leave Mars. After that the third group can go. This will again take a lot of finance but the best option is this.
“ASTRONOMY FOR KIDS.” Astronomy For Kids. Kidsknowitnetwork, n.d. Web. 13 June 2016. <http://www.kidsastronomy.com/Men-on-Mars-article.php>.