We have had quite a bit of collaborative assignments, and I think that I demonstrated collaboration well in many of them. For example, Sophie and I had a presentation on Spain’s influence on Cuba. During this project, Sophie and I evenly split the work and got it done much more efficiently than we would have done if we worked on and researched the same things. Another example of collaboration is during the Two Weeks With The Queen video in English. We would split up the roles, what we wrote on the doc, and adding notes to the script. I still believe that I can improve on my collaboration skills. I could do this by working with other people than I usually do and that will lead to expanding my comfort zone.
I think that I have showed good communication skills in many subjects. One project to show this, would be in drama where he had to mime a story of our own. Charlie and I chose the story of Harambe because we felt like this would be an interesting story to mime. During the performance, we would have little keys as a marker for when someone would do something. We would both expect it to be coming so we were always prepared. Another example of communication is through the dance in P.E, when we had to create a little dance for 40 seconds, we had to communicate when we taught each other our made up dances, we would also have markers for when to do things in the music.
Many projects this year have required research in order to get it done. For example, in science, we had to research what materials are used in technology, and where and how they were used. I did my blogpost on the iPhone 6s. In order to collect useful information, it was key to find reliable websites. Since you use these websites, it was required to cite these sources fully. I think that I could even further develop my research skills by using a wider range of sources than mostly School EB. I feel like I did a good job on that during this project because there was nothing like it on School EB.
I believe that I showed good self management skills in music for the practice journals. Every week we had to do 2 practice journals showing what you practiced, including the warmup, and an exercise you can pick from youtube or a book. I also showed good self management skills in Japanese and math. In both of these subjects we used charts. In Japanese, we would get a sticker if we didn’t speak a lot of English in that class. If we got 10 stickers, we get a period to do whatever we want. In math, we had a chart showing which subjects on algebra we completed. If we ever didn’t know what to do, we could just look at the chart and that would show what to do next.
JAPANESE DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH CHART:
ALGEBRA COMPLETION CHART:
I think that I showed thinking skills during design’s criterion A. I think this because criterion A required you to think about what key features make a character good and acceptable to their audiences. I think that I can improve on this because I will often not be creative with the way I present information. I think that I can think of new and different ways to present my information, that will be more interesting.