1. Est-ce que tu manges le fast food souvent?
Non, je n’en mange pas souvent. J’en mange parfois.
2. Est-ce que tu bois des boissons gazeuse?
Oui, j’en bois souvent.
3. Est-ce que tu aimes le viande au diner?
Oui, j’aime manger le viande souvent.
4. Est-ce que tu prends omelette au dejeuner?
Non, je n’en mange pas au dejeuner, mais j’aime le omelette.
5. Est-ce que tu aimes manger les tomates?
Oui, j’en mange toujours, main je n’aime pas les tomates tres grands.
6. Est-ce que tu bois l’eau souvent?
Oui, j’en bois souvent.
7. Est-ce que tu prends des legumes au dejeuner?
Non, je n’en mange pas au dejeuner, mais j’en mange au diner.
8. Est-ce que tu prends dessert souvent?
Oui, j’en mange toujours. Ma dessert favorite est le gelato.
9. Est-ce que tu aimes la salade vert?
J’en mange mais je n’aime pas.
10. Qu’est-ce ton fruit favorite?
J’aime les mangues.
Mon évaluation – Tu mages bien. Ton repas equilibre est le diner. Tu mange dessert toujours mais ton diet est bien. Ta fruit favorite est les mangues. Tu bois de l’eau souvent. Tu ne mange pas le fast food, mais tu manges parfois. Tu bois beaucoup de boissons gazeuse. Tu n’aime pas les pamplemousse.
Mes recommandations – A mon avis, tu dois manger moins de dessert parce qu’il n’est pas bon pour toi. Tu dois boire moins de boissons gazeuse et bois plus d’eau. Tu peux mange beaucoup de salades different parce que tu n’aime pas la salade vert. Tu dois manger plus des legumes au dejeuner.
Essential Information: (10 facts)
- The main language is French and 60 other languages are spoken.
- The capital city is called Yamoussoukro
- The country gained independence day is
- The main religions are Islam, Christianity, Animism and others.
- The average life expectancy is 54.7 years (which is pretty young)
- There are about 70.3 people living in each square kilometer in the country.
- The flag is orange, white and green.
- They produce lots of cocoa which is their main source of exportation.
- Their main clients are USA, France, Nigeria, Germany, Italy, etc.
- Their main suppliers are France, Nigeria, China and Belgium.
- What types of food products are specific to Côte d’Ivoire?
Aloko are fried bananas which are commonly eaten in Cote d’Ivoire. Different people/groups in the country have main meals and foods specific to them. Some eat lots of coffee and cocoa while others farm for foods such as rice, peanuts, yams, etc. All of the people mainly focus on eating root vegetables in their daily meals.
- How are these food products used in the Ivorian diet?
Fufu is the national dish and it consists of yams, meat, plantains, and other ingredients and is served with kedjenou, which is a stew to add some spicy flavor to the meal. Millet, corn, rice, peanuts, plantains and yams are usually used in the national cuisine.
- Which dishes are specific to Côte d’Ivoire?
The national dish is called Fufu which is served with a stew called kedjenou. There are many other dishes specific to the country but that one is the most popular and eaten. Attieke is a common side dish in the country.
- Give an example of a specific recipe with its picture and the ingredients used. Please provide some background information about this recipe. This is an image of kedjenou, which is a popular stew eaten in Cote d’Ivoire. The dish is slow cooked over fire, and the meat can switch from beef to fish to chicken. There are many different ways to cook this dish, as it is different in each area it is eaten in.
- Answer the factual question: “Is the Ivorian diet a healthy one?”
I think it is a healthy diet because it mainly consists of vegetables and meat which provide protein to your body and keep you healthy. There isn’t much starch or sweets in their food, and those are the main sources of unhealthiness in our diets.
- Answer to the conceptual question: “Is our diet influenced by our culture? In other words, how much the Ivorian culture has shaped its diet. For example, did you find that as a former French colony it has adopted some French food products or adopted the French way of eating?
I think our diet is shaped by our culture. Most of the Ivorian resources are used in their meals, and it is their location that provides certain food for them to cook with. Some countries have spicy food because their culture and country have access to lots of spices and their people have lived and survived from eating spices. Whereas France has a lot of bread and cheese because it has ways for those resources to be available to them.
- Give a personal response to the debatable question: “Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are” in the context of Côte d’Ivoire. In other words, in your own view how is it important to eat good food in order to be healthy and fit?
It is scientifically important to eat good food to be healthy, or else your digestive system isn’t balanced and doesn’t get all of the nutrients it needs. In Cote d’Ivoire, certain foods and ingredients are available to them and they make good use of the healthy foods they have access to. They keep their food savory but healthy, and stay true to their land and resources. It is important to eat good food and stay healthy and fit, but it is also important to use the natural foods you have to make good use of the ingredients nature gives you.