Posted by 22yuanl | Posted in Art | Posted on June 11, 2016
In art, we did a unit on portrait painting one of the people you know a lot about. I chose my friend Blake, he was in Nis. ( my last school) I went to NIS in 3rd grade and he went there in forth grade. We had a lot of fun and he’s always funny in class and gets in trouble because of that. For the plans, I drew a trampoline birthday party because he had two of them in two birthdays which means he really likes the trampoline parties. The trampoline was pretty hard to draw and when I finished drawing it, it didn’t really look like a trampoline. I’m also not very good at drawing faces so the drawing of him beside the trampoline wasn’t very good. I decided to keep drawing until I found a good idea, but as the same time, I don’t have anymore ideas so I decided to look on the internet. Then I saw a picture that I really liked by Yago. So I tried to do the same by putting an animal Blake likes as his head but the body is his own. That’s how I got the idea of putting a panda’s head and blake’s body together. I chose the panda because he enjoyed looking at the pandas in fifth grade so I chose his head to be a panda. After I sketched it on the actual paper, I had to paint it. painting the eyes was hard because I planned that there’s black patches of fur beside the eyes but that would be impossible to see the eyes so I drew a white circle beside the eyes. The shirt was a random jacket he wears sometimes. ( NOT YIS SHIRT) I tried to make the panda’s mouth smile a bit because he’s always happy and it wasn’t easy trying to draw a panda smiling.
Pictorial elements color, facial expression
I chose color and facial expression for the pictorial elements. I chose colours that would match against each other pretty well, I didn’t have to many colours because I didn’t really have space to draw the background but I don’t really need it. I did the facial expression pretty well. It kind of looks like the panda is smiling a bit. To be honest with you, I don’t even know how I managed to make the panda smile. Yago Partal influenced me in my painting. As I said before, he did many pictures of an animal head and a human body. I thought that was a good idea so I tried it myself. The plan wasn’t that good, the face didn’t look like a panda and looked a bit weird because I drew some tooth in the mouth, and the box for the plan was a bit small. However at the end, it turned out fine
Posted by 22yuanl | Posted in Art | Posted on April 28, 2016
photograph of artwork
I think I did well on designing it to look like a baseball field and interlock at the same time. I had to widen the back a bit so it actually interlocks. I had to put my culture influence in there and I didn’t really have much time to carve diamond shapes in the middle of the two lines, so I just carved a line right between the two lines to save time. I had to change some other things because I carved a line right between the two lines, so I added one thing at the top of the basses and one at the bottom of the basses. I was going for making it look like an eye in the middle, but sometimes when I look at it, it does’t really look like a eye. I didn’t really have time to really print a lot and cut it too carefully, but if I do, I think it will look like it interlocks better.
At first I wasn’t really sure if i was going to go with this idea. At the start, it’s quite messy and some things were different. The diamond shapes between the lines that I didn’t carve were actually suppose to be the fence. After I finished the draft, I tried to find the cultural influence which is exactly the opposite way as I’m suppose to do. I started asking my friends to check my design to see what was the cultural influence for my motif. Then I found out that the diamond shapes make the triangle which is a roman pattern.
My culture influence is a roman design. It’s the little triangles that I added. I changed a lot of things as I went from scratch to finish. I didn’t really have my diamond shapes between the two lines, I don’t have seats any more, which is what I started with. It looks a bit messy and won’t really make it look like it interlocks so I got rid of it. Before I did the eye, I had a line there to show the home-run, but I got rid of that idea because I have the eye thing and I needed to put culture influence in there. For the eye, I actually had it after the angle of the two line so it actually has something down there, but the middle part would look a bit weird then. I should’ve just put one at the middle and one at the bottom.
I used lines and triangles and a bit of diamond shapes to make this. I used green and black for four of them because I need to actually show a baseball field by having green. Lines are usually white but I picked black because I really need it to stand out a bit more, and the colour of the paper is actually light green so it might be hard to tell if I had white and green. I used black and yellow for five of them because once again I need it to stand out. I guess it’s a different timeline of the baseball field so it’s night right now. I feel like it looks a bit darker than I wanted it to be. The yellow and green are suppose to be a bit brighter so It won’t look so dark. There was suppose to be a pattern with the colours, I only have 4 greens because I didn’t want it to be too bright but it’s a bit too dark now. My art work does interlock. The two lines are the ones that should look like it interlocks, but sometimes the print isn’t that good so it doesn’t really look like it interlocks.