Dear future sixth-grade students,
In 6th grade, you will be having a unit about water issues around the world. This unit will be a combined unit with I&S and Science. You will be doing many things, but the main project is the website creating and the poster creating.
This is a brain frame of the basic things you will be doing during this water unit. The boxes with red circles are the ones where I learned a skill, and the boxes with blue circles are the ones where I learned something that is water related.
Here are some tips on how to do great in creating the website:
- Make sure you cite all the websites you looked at when you are researching so you don’t forget which website you used. (You will regret it if you didn’t!)
- Make sure you know what the vocabulary words mean, so it’s easy when you need to add them to your website.
- Make sure the information’s real.
- Make sure you don’t have any grammar or spelling mistakes.
- Focus during class so you don’t have homework and you are on task. (If you didn’t finish it, work on it at home.)
- Make sure it’s easy to read.
- Add images to make the website interesting.
- Look at the criteria so you know what you need for your website.
This is my website. My topic was about the Flint Water Crisis.
So here are some tips on how to do great in creating the poster:
- Again, make sure are focused during class so you don’t get homework. (If you didn’t finish it, work on it at home.)
- Again, make sure your information is real.
- Again, check your spelling and grammar.
- Work with your partner even though they are not your friend.
- Make sure the poster is easy to read. (Contrast, Unity, and Balance)
- Make sure you know what to talk about when you present your poster.
- Don’t get super stressed.
- Make sure you look at the criteria so you have everything you need to have a successful poster!
This is my poster about the Flint water crisis and the Amazon river.
I hope these tips were helpful and I hope your projects will be successful! Goodluck guys!