I think I caught up with my work well because before the break I was behind on the project so I watched the videos during the winter break so I could start printing as soon as I got to class and I finished all the printing in one class so I can finish before the project was due. For my motif there was a problem because I wanted to draw a wave that would interlock but it was really hard to draw the wave exactly the same three times so I solved that issue by cutting out a custom stencil that I used to trace the same wave shape over and over again. I think I could improve my cultural interest idea because the explanation in my sketchbook was short and kind of said the same thing in a different way a lot. I could fix that by saying why that culture influenced me. I think I could improve my personal interest idea explanation by adding more detail and examples.
The interlocking for my project was good because all the corner parts interlocked but the wave didn’t interlock even though I measured the height on both sides and I was very certain it would interlock but it didn’t, so I think that my interlocking was about 80% – 90% accurate. In the corners of my motif I drew a rectangle with three points that is diagonal so when you put them together it makes an X-like shape with three points coming out of each end. For my colors I chose blue ink on green paper and red ink on purple paper. I chose blue ink because people usually think of water as blu and I had a wave in my motif so was a blue wave when I printed it. I chose red ink because the corners of the motif are the tips of maple leafs and maple leafs are usually red. I chose green paper because it contrasts blue and I chose purple paper because it contrasts red. My color plan is unified because I put the blue-green prints in each corner of the black paper and in the middle and I put the red-purple prints in between each corner.