1) I think I did a very good job in drawing my final motif. When I was drawing my final motif, I was being really careful about extra marks, shape, and the measurement. For example in extra marks, I was making sure there were no pencil marks sticking out to the negative space. For shape, it is very similar to measurementbecause by measuring, I can make the shape exactly the same and symmetrical. I also used the ruler to make sure the lines are straight. I did all of this because I wanted my motif to be perfect. The reason why I wanted to be perfect was that it would look better.
2) First, when I was designing my 1 motif, my motif had many negative spaces and many thin lines. So I colored in some negative space to make it balance and I made some line thick so it will be easier to curve the plate.
Explain your project’s WEAKNESSES
1) In my cultural influence, I only had one country and that country was very important for being but also Japan was very important for me. So I think I could of talk about Japan and have some circle to show Japan’s red circle in the flag.
2) I am not really sure what to improve my personal interest because I am really happy with my personal interest design. I was able to draw BTS’s cool logo so I am really proud and happy with my design.
1) I haven’t printed my motif yet so this will be my prediction but I am pretty sure my motif would interlock because I drew my motif really neatly and I think I am doing good work on my transferring so far.
2) My motif does create a new shapebecause in each corner I drew a triangle so when I finished printing, there will be a square on each corner.
1) Istill haven’t chosen my colors but I would make sure all of them would have contrast because the motif would be easy to see. For example, I would like to try gradient for 5 of my printbecause BTS’s logo’s color, is a gradient and a pastel color of blue and pink. I thought that would represent Korea and BTS because BTS is the most known K-POP idol group in Korea and all around the world. My other 4 print, I would like to do white because I like the color white and I thought that will relate to my personal interest too. I am also thinking to have a black paper in the background of the print because I also love the color black.
2) The colors are not random because I planed that it will represent my personal interest and the cultural influence. It will also create contrast because I am planning to have a black paper in the background of the print.
My learning helped me use the blending stump. By using the blending stump, the scribbles, and the lines turns into a smooth gradation. I also learned how to draw each face parts in a realistic way. I watched detailed tutorials to that teaches how to draw realistic eyes, nose, mouth, and hair. But at the first try, I couldn’t draw the perfect three-dimensional realistic facial parts so I practiced drawing facial parts at home so I could improve my drawing. By watching the tutorials, I noticed that the most important thing that makes the drawing look three-dimensional and realistic was using shadows and highlights in different values. By adding shadows and highlights changes the drawing a lot. I also learned that communicating and collaborating with others is also a really good way to improve your drawing. By having each facial parts in the correct shape, size, and place makes the drawing look very realistic. I was able to finish most of the tasks at class because I was very focused and I was concentrating on my work. But sometimes I get frustrated and I get off task so now I understand that I can concentrate many times but when I feel like I am not drawing, I get exhausted and I can’t get on my task at all. I also learned about myself that it is a real struggle (that I can’t get on my task) and I have to be more aware of my self-management and organization. I also learned 4 new vocabularies and those are value, proportions, representational, and interpretation. (I already knew gradation and contrast)
QUESTION Paragraph 2
If I could re-draw my self-portrait, I would re-take my photo because I was not looking at the camera directly and my face was not straight so I really struggled drawing my facial parts in the correct place because I am not used to drawing facial parts in diagonal places. The shadows and highlights were also in different places than I expected so I also struggled on drawing my eyes because there were highlights in weird places and the highlight was very small I got exhausted. I would also have lighter bangs because then it will show my eyebrows so I could use my drawing skill of drawing eyebrows realistically. I would change my expression to a happy face because I am not a negative person, I am a positive person. The picture I took had a weird expression ao I felt like this is not really me so I would re-take my photo. The second thing I would do differently is that I would draw more lightly because I’ve drawn too dark so every time I erase the many little pieces of paper fall off and that makes me hard to draw small detailed parts. So that makes the drawing less realistic. Another reason I would draw lightly is that it is a lot easier to erase and it doesn’t take time so I will have more time to draw my self-portrait.
QUESTION Paragraph 3
I think cooperation and independence really fit me. About cooperation, when I was working on my self-portrait, I asked many people for advice to improve my drawing and I let them compare my picture and the portrait. They gave me good advice like “I think the eyes are a bit bigger. The shadows need to be darker. Maybe you can use 8b.” “The mouth should be more diagonal. Also a bit smaller.” They gave me very specific pieces of advice so that helped me a lot to draw my self-portrait better. Next, about independence, I think I’m quite independent because I don’t talk to people if it’s not necessary. Another reason that I feel I am independent is that I am really focused on most classes and I don’t want to get off task so if I still sit close to my friends I would concentrate on my work.
The first class I had “Paper Craft” and I made a figure of a Racoon. I used this site called www.cubeecraft.com and I fold the paper, cut the paper and used tape to stick things. I really enjoyed it because the characters were cute. It was also frustrating because I sometimes messed up so I had to print the character and start all over again. Second I did “ReMix and Mash – Up” This was about “Cheat, Copy and Steal like an artist” So it means that we had to steal something from someone, copy them and make a new thing. I pared up with Kaira and I made a note book with cates on it.
I watched videos all about ATL Skills made by Grade 7 – 9. We watched 2 videos and left a comment what part were good and what part was bad. Then we brain stormed about each ATL Skills. For example “Self – Management” we wrote organization, how to organize, what can we use to organize our selves. Also for Other ATL Skills we wrote what we can do. It was like a advice from the Grade 7 – 9. How we can live our middle school life easier and better.
Hi my name is Rika. I am Japanese and I live in Yokohama. I am Grade 5 and I am 10 years old. My favorite class is P.E. I go to a school called Y.I.S and I go to this school from Kindergarten. I really enjoy this school and I love this school lunch. It is very yummy and I love the meat sauce pasta the best.