Well these are some of them! Research means finding out about stuff, and it’s not as easy as you might imagine to find useful, accurate and child friendly information – even with the great internet available to you. So what do you think you do well now? How do you think you should improve?
November 21, 2014 · 14 Comments · PYP, Skills
November 20, 2014 · 14 Comments · PYP, Skills
Most of the time, if you have good social skills, people will like you! So it’s important to have these skills for a happy life! Please write in the comment box below your thoughts.
November 17, 2014 · 16 Comments · PYP, Skills
Looking at the PYP skills today. What is it that we THINK we are already good at? What do we THINK that we (especially) need to improve on? Examples of each please.
Let’s start with ‘Self-Management Skills’
November 12, 2014 · No Comments · PSE
With Ms. Kumamoto we talked about the need to:
- walk away
- say ‘NO’ (be reasonable, be firm and be calm when you do so)
- tell an adult
- ignore someone if you can and if that will work
November 4, 2014 · 15 Comments · Class News, General interest, Guest speakers, Sharing the planet
Linda Ragsdale was shot in the siege of Mumbai and survived. Today she spent 90 minutes with Grade 5 talking about ‘solution based peace.’
What did you learn from her that you will try to use in the future? As she said, how do you wish you will be able to act in the future? Please comment below:
October 20, 2014 · No Comments · Science
1. Question authority.
2. Think for yourself.
3. Don’t believe anything just because you want it to be true!
4. Test ideas – follow the evidence.
5. You could be wrong!
October 17, 2014 · No Comments · Where we are in place and time
How do we inquire into something that we are interested in? What helps us to focus? We have looked at different inquiry cycles and chosen one that we like. Here’s one I like. Ask your child which one s/he chose and why.
October 6, 2014 · No Comments · Class News, Parent Information
Dear 5W students,
If this finds you at home and wondering what to do on this ‘typhoon day’ – please consider the following:
Number One – please stay SAFE and out of the wind.
Things you can do:
You have 2 assignment DUE today: (If you know or can work out how to ‘turn in’ your assignments – please do. If not, we can do it tomorrow in class – of course you need to be finished and ready to do so!
1. Your personal family agreement – this would be a GREAT day to make sure you have done this
2. Finished collecting and entering your after school activity data.
please check on your 5W Google Classroom site
3. Remember you have a DIY task to present in school this Friday. You need to get it ready AND fill in the document you have in your Google Classroom.
4. Any outstanding maths from last week on Mathletics or Khan Academy.
5. READ and ENJOY
Have a safe and relaxing day everyone.