Great to be back at school with everyone. 2015 is going to be super exciting. Here are some questions for you to answer from this morning.
1. Explain (in your own words) what ‘probability’ means.
2. What is an ‘outcome?’
3. How many possible outcomes are there if you toss one coin one time?
4. How many possible outcomes are there if you toss 2 coins twice?
5. In planning to write a story, what do you think are the important things to think about? (Hint – there are at least 5 or 6 things you should talk about!
We asked lots of questions. Please see some of them HERE
Answer (please) these questions in the comment box below. Please write in FULL sentences following the example I have given in my comment below this post!
1. What is a ‘proper fraction?’ Write an example.
2. What is an ‘improper fraction?’ Write 2 examples.
3. What is a mixed number? Write 3 examples of a ‘mixed number.’
4. What is the word that means the answer to a division problem? Write the answer.
5. What does the word ‘like’ denominator mean? And what is another word for ‘like?’ Begins with C*****!
6. What is another word for a fraction with the same ‘value’ as another? Begins with E*********. Give 1 example of two fractions that have the same value.
We used this thinking routine with working out what we ‘think’ we know about energy. Not easy. But I think we all understood it.
Tags: 2-4-8·Thinking routines
Not easy to remember are they? NEWS < > North East West South…. I wonder if it’s true! According to THIS website it’s not
This is a Slo Pro video taken by Mr. Geddes of Liam and his group scoring a (very) rare – amongst all Grade 5 students – hit on the bottle. 5 points scored. Well done.
Tags: Marble Roll Challenge·Mr. Geddes
We challenged the students to design a free standing structure that they could roll a marble down or through, which would then roll 3 meters and try to hit a small bottle. The students worked in mixed class groups. The photos show the students in their initial planning stage – they had 15 minutes.
Welcome to our third unit of inquiry for the year. We shall be learning more about ‘energy’ and what being a scientist is all about. You may enjoy watching the videos on the following YouTube playlist. We shall watch some in class too. Many of the videos are worth watching MORE than once.
Today the 5W students presented their Home Learning for November to a group of 3 or 4 students. We helped and encouraged each other and learned a lot. The students were very enthusiastic (and noisy!) It was good fun.
What did you learn that surprised you?
What will you do BETTER or DIFFERENTLY when you present next time?
Please comment below. Thank you
So what do you ‘think’ you are good at when it comes to thinking skills? Can you give an example or 2? What do you ‘think’ you still need to get better at? Again, could you please add an example? Thank you.