Mr. Broughton came in to our class this week and we came up with the following rules/ideas for getting good video on the iPad.
1. Always use the iPad in LANDSCAPE mode.
2. Background – make sure it’s not ‘busy’ or distracting. Simple but with contrast. Check brightness.
3. Don’t stand next to, or lean on a wall.
4. Light on one side of a face can be nice.
5. You don’t have to have the subject of the video in the middle of the screen. Offset it. Rule of thirds!
6. Be aware of volume.
7. All video should be UNDER 5 minutes – though 1 or 2 minutes is often enough.
Thank you Mr. Broughton