Mr Broughton helped us last week to understand how important it is to reflect on our thinking with Seesaw – which we do all the time in 5W. Metacognition – this time applied to what and how we post our learnings on Seesaw. This is what we came up with:
Here is Mr Broughton working with us – thank you Mr Broughton!
Mr Broughton worked with 5W today to teach us how to edit video.
Mr. Broughton came in to our class this week and we came up with the following rules/ideas for getting good video on the iPad.
1. Always use the iPad in LANDSCAPE mode.
2. Background – make sure it’s not ‘busy’ or distracting. Simple but with contrast. Check brightness.
3. Don’t stand next to, or lean on a wall.
4. Light on one side of a face can be nice.
5. You don’t have to have the subject of the video in the middle of the screen. Offset it. Rule of thirds!
6. Be aware of volume.
7. All video should be UNDER 5 minutes – though 1 or 2 minutes is often enough.
Thank you Mr. Broughton
Mr. Broughton came in to class today to teach us HOW to take and edit great photos on the iPad – and then put them in to Seesaw.
Mr. Broughton recommends that:
1. you FOCUS on the image.
2. you hold the iPad still (arms at your sides)
3. keep your fingers away from the lens.
4. think about whether you want to or need to use the timer or flash.
5. keep the image in the CENTER.
6. be careful of GLARE – take the photo over the top of the image and in a brightly lit place.
How to EDIT:
Always use the AUTO ENHANCE tool
CROP the image leaving a small margin around the outside