We are getting ready for another fantastic #beyondlaptops event from 16 – 18 April 2015. For those that attended last year, there will be some changes (and some consistencies), based on your feedback. Here are the highlights:
We will continue:
- the team format (minimum 2, maximum 4 people from each school). We are requesting that new team members are added each year to keep the dialogue going.
- the themed days. Each day will have a specific focus (see below) and longer sessions to ensure we have enough time to really discuss.
- the maximum of 40 participants.
- the collaborative planning committee from several schools.
- the student interaction.
- the creative collaboration multimedia project. Check out the playlist from last year!
We will add:
- a request for multimedia from your school (to be filmed and uploaded before you come).
- an opportunity to get to know each other online and share resources, before the event.
- a third “official” day (no more pre-conference) #beyondlaptops is now a 3-day event.
- an opportunity for students to collaborate from our schools before the event.
- the creation of a #beyondlaptops “whitepaper” style research report based on one of our themes.
The themes for this year are:
- Day 1 (April 16): Action Research (which could lead to our whitepaper)
- Day 2 (April 17): The Future of EdTech (perhaps the focus of our whitepaper)
- Day 3 (April 18): Cultivating Innovation & Creativity (which will lead to our creative collaboration)
We are already
almost full, with the following schools attending:
- AmerAsian School Okinawa, Japan
- Canadian Academy, Japan
- Chatsworth International School, Singapore
- DODDs Schools, Japan
- Korea International School
- Renaissance College, Hong Kong
- Singapore American School, Singapore
- Shekou International School
- Western Academy of Beijing, China
- Yokohama International School, Japan
- Zurich International School, Switzerland