Hosted at Yokohama International School, Japan
28 – 30 April 2016 – Save the Date
#beyondlaptops is a participant-driven event, focused on sharing, learning and collaborating with teams from 1:1 international schools around the world, designed to take your discussion beyond just the hardware, toward creating new, relevant and engaging media-rich learning environments.
We will be charging a nominal fee of JPY6,000 (~US$50) per person for the conference, most of which will go toward covering the cost of food and catering.
We are hoping you will be able to join us in April!
For those that attended last year, there will be many similarities in the format, based on your feedback.
We will continue:
- the team format (minimum 2, maximum 4 people from each school). We are requesting that new team members are added each year to keep the dialogue going.
- the themed days. Each day will have a specific focus (see below) and longer sessions to ensure we have enough time to really discuss.
- the 3-day length of the conference (no preconference day).
- the maximum of 40 participants.
- the collaborative planning committee from several schools.
- the student interaction.
- the creative collaboration multimedia project. Check out the playlist from last year!
- a request for multimedia from your school (to be filmed and uploaded before you come).
- opportunities to get to know each other online and share resources, before the event.
- an opportunity for students to collaborate from our schools before the event.
The themes for this year will be determined in near future and will be shared once they are decided upon.
There are more changes and updates based on participant feedback, and developed by the planning committee, that we will share as the date approaches. Even if you are not part of the planning committee, we’ll be asking for input for themes, topics, and ideas from all participants. Of course we will continue the social time, relaxed atmosphere, and collaborative approach.
We are hoping for productive, fun and rewarding events and hope you can join.
Because space is limited, please let us know if you’re interested in attending (with a team) by Friday 29 January. Once we have our team of participants, more information will come soon!
For questions, please contact Clint Hamada, YIS Technology and Learning Coach: email@example.com.