MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL
- The 20th “Taiko Gathering Day” 2017
This school year Miyabi Arashi Taiko School celebrates its 20th year. There’ll be over 220 members getting together to make a big performance.
The performance will start from 1:50 pm and FREE ENTRANCE! Poster of the event and map/direction are attached. Your community members are most welcome!
The 20th “Taiko Gathering Day” 2017
Date: Sun. March 12th（3月12日(日)）
Door open at 1:20 pm / Show from 1:50 pm – 5:15 pm
Place: YAMANO HALL at the YAMANO BEAUTY SCHOOL in Yoyogi (5-10 minutes walk from JR Yoyogi sta.)
(山野ホール at 山野美容専門学校 代々木駅より徒歩 5-10分)
About the hall: （ホールについて）
Entrance Free for the audience – 入場無料
Please invite many all your family members and friends!
Poster of the event / Map & Direction to the hall – attached
The hall is under the “YAMANO BEAUTY COLLEGE”, very well known by the Japanese community. It’s easy to find the school building, however, is not very easy to find the entrance of the hall as it’s behind the school building. Please see the map “How to get to the hall” attached.
Here’re the things you need to know:
1. It’ll take about 10 minutes from Yoyogi station to the entrance of the hall although the official website of YAMANO Beauty College says it takes 1 minute from Yoyogi sta. It’s to get to the school building, not the hall.
For those who come to the hall for the first time, it’ll be easier if you take JR Yoyogi sta. West exit rather than North exit and follow the map attached. The landmark is “DOUTOR” coffee shop” which you can see across the street from the West exit.
There is the Japanese map provided by the school as well (see the site below).
2. Once you arrive in front of the building of YAMANO Beauty College you make left at the corner of the building and walk through between the building and the Odakyu-line. There is NO sign of the hall, but I’ll put some posters and arrows for our Taiko event in front of the building.
You walk straight along the building and see the steps going down to the hall. After going down the steps you’ll see the sign/arrow of the hall entrance. There is a Family Mart combini on the right, but it’s closed on the weekend.
Please have enough time to come to the hall!
3. The hall is located on B3 and there is NO RECEPTION FOR THE MOBILE PHONE! Please don’t rely on your phone to communicate with your family members and/or guests, but ask them to come to the hall by themselves with the map! I’ll put the signs and arrows in front of the school building. (Although the mob. phone won’t work in the hall on B3, the PHS (070-XXXX XXXX) will work.)
For any question please contact Moko Igarashi, Taiko school.
(Moko Igarashi, Miyabi Arashi Taiko School)
- YIS Magazine (Repeat)
YIS Magazine members! Please come to a meeting next Wednesday, day 5, in M305 at lunch. See you then! (Ms. Barbour)
- LIP DUB YIS STYLE (Repeat)
Good morning fellow YIS students!
My name is Lea Kawashima (sophomore), and for my design project, I’m thinking of promoting the sense of community we have at our school by making a “Lip Dub video” where everyone participates.
Some of you may not know what it is, and in that case, please check out the link below :
Like the video you just watched, I will be using Pop Danthlogy 2015 (full track – 8 minutes) for the music!
If any of you are interested in participating, please let me know by filling in your name and grade on this document (teachers are encouraged too!) :
P.S I need more people for the background (who will be doing something funny or anything random while the “lip-syncers” do their job!)
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you have about the project 🙂
Kind Regards, (Lea Kawashima)
MIDDLE SCHOOL ONLY
- MS Athletics/Activities
MS Girls Basketball – First game of the season against St. Maur on Thursday, March 2nd beginning at 4:30 pm.
MS Track and Field – First practice is this Wednesday after school. Please meet the coaches in the gym. If you cannot come, but would like to join, please make sure you let Mr. Tananone or Mrs. Brown know. (Mr. Tananone)
- MS Book of the Day
Malala Yousafzai details her fight for education for girls, the support from her parents & how the Taliban tried to kill her #msbookoftheday (Ms. Katy)