MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL
- Filmeisters, Filmmakers and Film Festivals
YIS will host the Kanto Plain Film Festival again this year, in May 2018. Details about the festival will follow, but we encourage students in Middle and High school to practice their filmmaking skills and enter the Festival.
We have also been made aware of a student Shakespeare Film Festival, soliciting student films with a Shakespeare theme, so if your work meets those criteria, your can double your festivities.
Interested filmmakers may have noticed that Filmeisters was not offered in the activities sign-up this season. This is because we are unsure of the format that will be of the most benefit to you and the projects you want to make.
If you are a HS student interested in making a film, or working on a film this year, please come to a meeting in M303 Tuesday at lunch.
If you are a MS student interested in making a film, or working on a film, please come to a meeting in M306 Thursday at lunch.
Based on your interest, we will decide whether or not to run Filmeisters, and what the best format will be to support your filmmaking. (Mr. Pitter)
- Maths Challenge 2017-18
The first of the Maths challenges for this school year is up on the maths notice board.
These challenges are open to all students and staff.
Please complete this set of challenges by Friday 15th September and hand your answers to Mr. Harrison. (Mr. Harrison)
HIGH SCHOOL ONLY
- HS Athletics/Activities
– HS Boys Volleyball– Last day of tryouts today (Sept. 4) from 4-6 in the gym. Please see Mr. Tananone if you have any questions or concerns.
HS Games this Week:
– HS Boys and Girls Tennis vs CAJ on Wednesday, Sept. 6th @ Honmoku Courts
– HS Varsity and JV Girls Volleyball on Friday, Sept. 8th @ YIS vs St. Maur
– HS Boys Tennis @ St. Marys on Saturday, Sept. 9th
– HS Girls Tennis @ Seisen on Saturday, Sept. 9th
– HS Boys and Girls Cross Country @ Tama Hills on Saturday, Sept. 9th
– HS Varsity and JV Girls Volleyball on Saturday, Sept. 9th @ YIS vs Kinnick
HS Activities– Please remember to sign up for your activities by Wednesday September 6th. Even if you have already been partaking in a club/activity please make sure you officially sign up. Also, if you have a conflict, remember you need to talk to the teachers, and if they are OK with you doing both please email Mr. Tananone.
All non athletics activities officially begin on Monday, September 11th. (Mr. Tananone)
- HS Book of the Day
When her father is lost at sea, Alice must live in an “uncle’s” house whose mysterious library holds much more than books. #msbookoftheday (Ms. Katy)
- HS Musical (Repeat)
- Individuals interested in a lead role should join this Google Classroom page (code: tcqbpl) to find audition practice material AND attend Audition Sessions in Ms. Kimi’s Drama Room Tuesday, Sept. 5th & Thursday, Sept. 7th at 4pm.
- Individuals interested in an ensemble role should join Google Classroom and begin rehearsals starting Tuesday, Sept. 12th (same place & time).
- Tech Roles & individuals interested in Other Responsibilities will be contacted by Ms. Kimi once they have formally expressed interest by completing the Google Form above.