MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL
- MS/HS Maker Club
Dear Makers and tinkerers, creative dreamers and practical problem solvers,
Maker club starts on Thursday Sept 14th in Room M103 after school. This first week we will be here from 4:10 to about 4:50, looking for your ideas, plans, and wishes for what you want to do in weekly MakerTime. We will try to make it happen!
Hope to see you there! (Mrs Harrison and Mr McCreath)
HIGH SCHOOL ONLY
- Grade 10
During your tutor period this morning, please do these three things:
- Fill out this survey about your name (what’s on your passport), first nationality and first language. It is important the information is accurate as this will be forwarded to the IB.
- If you have not emailed your mentor yet to schedule your 1st mentor meeting, you must do that this morning. That meeting is supposed to happen this week.
- Log into ManageBac and edit your Personal Project Proposal underneath the Project tab.
- Grades 10-12 Van der Poel
There will be a Van der Poel meeting on Thursday, day 9, at 1:35 in room L202 in the Modern Languages Building for all returning Van der Poel members. Those students new to Van der Poel will not be required to attend this initial meeting and will be contacted shortly. (Mrs. Maeda)
- Sign-up for Mario Kart Tournament
Sign-up for the first Mario Kart tournament to be held on the 21st of September (Thursday)!
Players may sign up through the form sent on email, or at the link below.
Entry fee for players will be 100 yen but if you wish not to play, but to spectate, entry will be free and there will also be food and drink available to buy. It will be from 4:10 pm to 6:30pm in the auditorium.
For more details, please check the description on the sign-up sheet! (HS Student council)
- HS Book of the Day
Set in 1920s Berlin w/ crowded streets, thriving arts, passionate politics & seedy cabarets, this ones’s profound & intense. #hsbookoftheday (Ms. Katy)
— YIS Library (@YisLibrary) September 12, 2017
- Support the PTSA (Repeat)
If you are still looking to fulfill your CAS requirements and have an interest in supporting the PTSA, you may want to consider participating in the PTSA CAS Project!
Open to Grade 11 & 12, students signing up will help out with PTSA events and activities on a long term/regular basis as a way of fulfilling their CAS requirements.
Some examples of PTSA events and activities that students would be involved in are:
– Babysitting at various PTSA events (like the BBQ Fiesta on Sat. Sept. 23):
– Food Fair (Nov 5) – Set up, clean up, selling raffle/tombola tickets after school etc
– Headmaster’s Quiz (April) – Planning, set up etc:
– Bingo Night (Jan) – Planning, set up etc.