MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL
- Haunted House
A hospital. Seemingly innocent at first, but there’s something evil beneath the surface.. Walk through spine-chilling corridors, travel through operation and inspection rooms, and be careful.. Because there’s something lurking in the dark. Come along to the annual haunted house produced by the juniors in the black box at this Sunday’s food fair! It will be an experience you will never forget. (Helena)
HIGH SCHOOL ONLY
- HS Book of the Day
Ever think you’re surrounded by a bunch of phonies? Try Holden Caufield. His language is dated but his struggle is timeless. #hsbookoftheday (Ms. Katy)
- HS Athletics/Activities
– HS JV Girls Volleyball today November 2nd @ ASIJ game starts at 4:30 pm.
– HS JV Girls Volleyball KANTO Championships on Saturday, November 4th @ ASIJ starting at 9:00 am
– HS JV Boys Tennis KANTO Championships on Saturday, November 4th @ ASIJ starting at 9:00 am
Uniform Return – In an effort to better coordinate Season 1 uniform returns, we will designate a specific date for each team to return their uniforms to the cafeteria, so please check out your respective teams date below. (if you miss the date, please bring it to the PE office)
– HS Boys and Girls Volleyball: Wednesday, November 8th, in the cafeteria during Lunch
– HS Boys and Girls Tennis: Friday, November 10th, in the cafeteria during lunch
– HS Boys and Girls Cross Country: Monday, November 13th, in the cafeteria during break
Open Gym – Coach Ken will be running an open gym session for HS Boys and Girls Basketball on Friday, November 3rd after school from 4:00 to 5:30. All are welcome, you do not have to have been on the team prior to come out and partake.
GO DRAGONS! (Mr. Tananone)
- Books and Beanbags (Repeat)
Join the library council this Thursday after school at 4 pm for an informal book club. We’ll read, chat about books and enjoy delicious snacks. See you there! (Library Council)
- Personal Project (Repeat)
Need some help writing your drafts, tweaking your success criteria or reflecting in your process journal? Ms. Katy will be available this Thursday from 4-5 in the library for a PP support session. (Ms. Katy)
- Masquerade on November 10th (Repeat)
As you may know, the High School Student council will be hosting the Masquerade on November 10th and are looking for performers able to perform live music. If you are interested please complete this survey by the end of this week. (Noa G)
- Tutor Period Rotations – Thursday, November 2 (Day 4) (Repeat)
Grade 9 (P6): Expeditions Follow Up / Reflection / Sharing – Tutors / Tutor Rooms
Grade 10 (P6): G11 Course Selection Talk – Tutors & Mr. Redlich / Cafeteria
- Design Festa (Repeat)
Design Festa is coming up fast – 11th & 12th November 2017 at Big Sight. One week after the Food Fair.
In preparation for this the Design Festa Activity will now run on the following days this week:
Tuesday 31st October in M403B from 4:05pm-5:00 pm
Wednesday 1st November in M403B from 4:05pm-5:00 pm
Thursday 2nd November in M403B from 4:05pm-5:00 pm
If you haven’t signed up yet and would like to join the YIS Exhibition Booth or join in with Live Painting at Design Festa come by and sign up OR if you just want to ask some questions about what is involved come and see me.
(Art & Design Department – Mr. Kumamoto)