MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL
- Lost Property
I have lost three pens 2 erasable pens and one fountain pen.
I have lost them in my science class in M302. If you happen to see them could you please give them back to Ms.Harding in room M106 or hand them in to the secondary office.
Best regards, (Mathilde Vergé-Salamon)
- Volleyball Tournament of HOPE -TODAY! (Tuesday Nov.7.2017)
I hope you all had a blast at food fair and have a good Monday off of school!
The day of the “Volleyball Tournament of HOPE” is finally here:)
Even if you have not signed up with a team, if you would like to play show up at the gym after school and we can figure something out!
We have 5 student teams & 2 teacher teams.
Participation fee will be 500 yen per student and 1000 yen per teacher.
-> All funds will go to building a school in Cambodia in February!
There will also be a bake sale going on! Come eat some home baked goods while watching the competitive tournament between YIS volleyball players (students) going head to head then going on to play the teachers from 5:30.
Muffin, Cupcake, Cake, Chocolate Pie, Rice Krispies
Can’t wait to see all teams fight for the title of “Best Volleyball Team of YIS” (Krysta & Ioanna)
HIGH SCHOOL ONLY
- Design Festa
Design Festa is coming up this weekend – 11th & 12th November 2017 at Big Sight.
In preparation for this the Design Festa Activity will now run on the following days this week;
Tuesday 7th November in M403B from 4:05pm-5:00 pm
Wednesday 8th November in M403B from 4:05pm-5:00 pm
Thursday 9th November in M403B from 4:05pm-5:00 pm
If you haven’t signed up yet and would like to join the YIS Exhibition Booth or join in with Live Painting at Design Festa come by and sign by 4:00 pm Tuesday 7th November OR if you just want to ask some questions about what is involved come and see me. (Art & Design Department – Mr. Kumamoto)
- HS Book of the Day
An Iranian princess, a German-Canadian girl, & a Cuban-Jewish girl become friends over 3 summers at a Swiss boarding school. #hsbookoftheday (Ms. Katy)
- HS Athletics/Activities
Uniform Return – In an effort to better coordinate Season 1 uniform returns, we will designate a specific date for each team to return their uniforms to the cafeteria, so please check out your respective teams date below. (if you miss the date, please bring it to the PE office)
– HS Boys and Girls Volleyball: Wednesday, November 8th, in the cafeteria during Lunch
– HS Boys and Girls Tennis: Friday, November 10th, in the cafeteria during lunch
– HS Boys and Girls Cross Country: Monday, November 13th, in the cafeteria during break.
Season 2 Tryouts Next Week-
– HS Boys V and JV Basketball Grade 9 and 10 ONLY on Wednesday, November 8th @ YCAC please see Coach Ken, Mr. Murray or Mr. Tananone if you have questions
– HS Girls V and JV Basketball on Wednesday, November 8th @ the Gym please see Coach Hauet, Coach Hill or Mr. Tananone if you have questions
– HS Girls Field Hockey Wednesday, November 8th @ YCAC please see Mr. Lorimor, Mr. Brown or Mr. Tananone if you have questions
– HS Boys V and JV Basketball ALL Grades on Friday, November 10th @ the Gym please see Coach Ken, Mr. Murray or Mr. Tananone if you have questions
GO DRAGONS! (Mr. Tananone)