MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL
- ISA Tests for Grades 6-9
Good morning everyone. Here’s a reminder of the ISA test schedule and what you need for today and Thursday.
– make sure your laptop is charged (and working)
– bring scrap paper, pencil, ruler and eraser
– Grade 9 need a calculator, MS students do not
– you will using Safari, not Chrome
- Chiku Veggie Drive
Good morning dragons!
We are from the Chiku Center advocacy group and want to let you know that we are running a veggie drive this week from Monday (the 12th) through Friday (the 16th). This time of year it is very challenging for people living at or below the poverty line in Yokohama to remain healthy. Your donations of fresh vegetables can help fight off serious illness!
There are green bins in the main lobby (foyer) and you can carefully place your veggie donations there. The Chiku Center particularly needs nice and fresh veggies that won’t rot quickly.
Thank you! (Chiku Advocacy Group)
- Pop-up Origami Workshop – Hearts & Roses
We’re making heart-shaped message cards and the famous Kawasaki Roses.
Time: Feb 13 (Tue) – Recess & HS Lunch / Feb 14 (Wed) – MS Lunch only
Place: L201 in Language Bldg.
Samples will be displayed on the door to L201. Please come and check!
See you there 🙂 (Ms. Orihara)
HIGH SCHOOL ONLY
- Room changes today HS
Gr 11 Econ – JH to M302
Gr 11 Psy – LP M403B
Gr 10 Maths – PH to M403
Gr 11 Geo – BM to M403A
Recess HSSCIC to M203
Gr 10 Eng – AHu to M311
Gr 10 English – BB to M403A
- Kanto Plains All Star Hockey Game
Congratulations to Kana Kawanishi, Grace Chung and Michelle Cheung who have been selected to represent YIS at the Kanto Plains all star hockey game against Seijo Gakuen this afternoon in Tokyo. (Mr. Lorimer)
- HS Athletics/Activities
Season 3 Athletics News:
– HS Boys Soccer tryouts continue Wednesday, February 14th. All those interested, please meet at the gym to take a bus up to the YCAC. Please see Mr. Tananone if you have questions.
– HS Girls Soccer tryouts continue Wednesday, February 14th. All those interested, please meet at the gym to take a bus up to the YCAC. Please see Mr. Ralph or Mr. Tananone if you have questions.
– HS Boys and Girls Badminton continue Wednesday, February 14th. All those interested, please meet at the gym. Please see Coach Ken or Mr. Tananone if you have questions.
Season 2 Uniform Returns – Please make sure you return your uniform on the date assigned to your respective teams. Myself, Ms. Yoko and members of the Dragon Council will collect uniforms in front of the cafeteria during your lunch break. Ms. Yoko has already emailed all of your teams the date to return your uniforms.
GO DRAGONS! (Mr. Tananone)
- New HS Service Group!
There is a new service group looking to get started up and finally take a look at mental health in the YIS community.
They aim to:
Create a safe place that offers support and resources
Raise awareness on self care and how to to help others
Reduce the ever-present stigma and shame of mental illness by learning more
All in order to create a happier and healthier student body who will have yet another set of resources to benefit them throughout life. So if you’re interested in mental health or laying a new path so others can walk a little easier email Mr. Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alex Baxter (email@example.com) (Mr. Clark)
- HS Book of the Day
One of Ms. Katy’s recent favorites, this epic science fiction novel packed with space battles and eccentric aliens with bring you face to face with your own humanity. Plus a bunch of stuff gets blown up! #hsbookoftheday #yislearning (Ms. Katy)
- Tutor Period Rotations – Tuesday, February 13 (Day 4)
Grade 9 (P6): Elementary Visits #3 – Tutors / Various Locations
Grade 10 (P6): Elementary Visits #3 – Tutors / Various Locations