MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL
- ISA Tests for Grades 6-9
Good morning everyone. Here’s a reminder of the ISA test schedule and what you need for today and Thursday.
– make sure your laptop is charged (and working)
– bring scrap paper, pencil, ruler and eraser
– Grade 9 need a calculator, MS students do not
– you will using Safari, not Chrome
- Chiku Veggie Drive
Good morning dragons!
We are from the Chiku Center advocacy group and want to let you know that we are running a veggie drive this week from Monday (the 12th) through Friday (the 16th). This time of year it is very challenging for people living at or below the poverty line in Yokohama to remain healthy. Your donations of fresh vegetables can help fight off serious illness!
There are green bins in the main lobby (foyer) and you can carefully place your veggie donations there. The Chiku Center particularly needs nice and fresh veggies that won’t rot quickly.
Thank you! (Chiku Advocacy Group)
- Pop-up Origami Workshop – Hearts & Roses
We’re making heart-shaped message cards and the famous Kawasaki Roses.
Time: Feb 13 (Tue) – Recess & HS Lunch / Feb 14 (Wed) – MS Lunch only
Place: L201 in Language Bldg.
Samples will be displayed on the door to L201. Please come and check!
See you there 🙂 (Ms. Orihara)
MIDDLE SCHOOL ONLY
- MS Athletics/Activities
Season 3 Athletics News:
– MS Girls Basketball begins today, February 13th on the gym. All MS girls interested are welcome to come out. Please see Mr. Murray, Mrs. Hill or Mr. Tananone if you have questions.
– MS Boys Baseball begins on Tuesday, February 20th on the turf. All Boys interested are welcome to come out. Please see Mr. Mural or Mr. Tananone if you have any questions.
– MS Boys and Girls Track & Field begins a bit later, but just so you are aware. All those interested, should meet in the gym on Wednesday, February 28th. If you have questions, please ask Mr. Tananone.
Season 2 Uniform Returns – Please make sure you return your uniform on the date assigned to your respective teams. Myself, Ms. Yoko and members of the Dragon Council will collect uniforms in front of the cafeteria during your lunch break. Ms. Yoko has already emailed all of your teams the date to return your uniforms.
GO DRAGONS! (Mr. Tananone)
- MS Dance
The first MS dance of 2018 is happening on the 23d of February. Yay!! but we will need volunteers that would like to help plan and set up the dance. If you are interested, please join the dance committee. The first dance committee meeting will be in Mrs. Edwards room during lunch on day 6 (Thursday, February 15th ). Thank you and let’s plan the best dance of the year. (MS dance committee)
- Reading Sessions
Today: 6E, I’ll see you period 6. 8H, I’ll see you period 7!
Tomorrow: 8R, you’ll be reading in the library tomorrow. (Ms. Katy)
- MS Lunchtime
Let’s test our marble runs today during lunch! See you at 12:50. (Ms. Katy)
- MS Book of the Day
This powerful novel by Alan Gratz pulls together the stories of three young refugees who go on harrowing journeys in the hope of finding safety. Set in the 1930s, 1994, and 2015, surprising connections develop between them. #msbookoftheday #yislearning (Ms. Katy)
- Invitation to join the Red and White Concert Committee
The Chiku service team will be hosting an annual Red and White concert on March 16th! We are setting up a Red and White committee for the next four weeks, and therefore, we welcome all to participate in our Chiku meetings on day 3 and day 9 during lunch with the upcoming event. We will need people to MC, help organize the acts, work the technical bits, and help with raising awareness about the event and about Chiku. The next Chiku meeting will be on Tuesday, the 20th in room M201. We hope to see you all and please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. (Red and White committee)
- Invitation to perform at the Red and White Concert
Performers! We are the MS Chiku center and we are trying to raise money for the foods and necessities that homeless people need. Your performance can be anything such as music, dancing, plays, tricks etc. The date of the performance will be on March 16th.
Please sign up here if you want to perform. We can’t wait to see what special talent the YIS middle school has.