MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL
- ISA Tests for Grades 6-9
Good morning everyone. Here’s a reminder of the ISA Schedule 2017/ 18 for today and what you need.
– make sure your laptop is charged (and working)
– bring scrap paper, pencil, ruler and eraser
– you will using Safari, not Chrome
- MS & HS Books of the Day
Library lock-in is coming! This year’s theme is Alice in Wonderland so prepare to follow us down the rabbit hole by returning to this classic story. We’ve got games, food, movies and, of course, reading in store for you on March 2-3. #yislearning #hsbookoftheday #msbookoftheday (Ms. Katy)
- Chiku Veggie Drive (Repeat)
Good morning dragons!
We are from the Chiku Center advocacy group and want to let you know that we are running a veggie drive this week from Monday (the 12th) through Friday (the 16th). This time of year it is very challenging for people living at or below the poverty line in Yokohama to remain healthy. Your donations of fresh vegetables can help fight off serious illness!
There are green bins in the main lobby (foyer) and you can carefully place your veggie donations there. The Chiku Center particularly needs nice and fresh veggies that won’t rot quickly.
Thank you! (Chiku Advocacy Group)
HIGH SCHOOL ONLY
- HS Athletics/Activities
Season 3 Athletics News:
– HS Boys Soccer tryouts last day is Friday, February 16th. All those interested, please meet at the gym to take a bus up to the YCAC. Please see Mr. Tananone if you have questions.
– HS Girls Soccer tryouts last day is Friday, February 16th. All those interested, please meet at the gym to take a bus up to the YCAC. Please see Mr. Ralph or Mr. Tananone if you have questions.
– HS Boys and Girls Badminton continue Friday, February 16th. All those interested, please meet at the gym. Please see Coach Ken or Mr. Tananone if you have questions.
Season 2 Uniform Returns – Please make sure you return your uniform on the date assigned to your respective teams. Myself, Ms. Yoko and members of the Dragon Council will collect uniforms in front of the cafeteria during your lunch break. Ms. Yoko has already emailed all of your teams the date to return your uniforms. If you forget, please drop your uniform at the office ASAP.
GO DRAGONS! (Mr. Tananone)
- Tutor Period Rotations – Wednesday, February 15 (Day 6)
Grade 11 (P0):
Group 1 – Ms. Hewins + Tutors
Social Emotional – The Art of Practical Kindness
Daily / SC Announcements / by Post
Group 2 – Ms. Wilson + Tutors
EE – Planning initial research / Managing and organising the EE
Daily / SC Announcements / by Hooker
- Service Groups to Host LIVE AID (Repeat)
On Friday, March 2nd, our Live Aid Concert will end Service Week for High School students. You are invited to vote for the 2 service groups that you would like to see host Live Aid this year. Four groups are interested in hosting and the top two service groups with the most votes will host Live Aid.
Vote HERE! Voting closes on Thursday, February 15th at 4:00pm.
(from the Student Service Committee)
- New HS Service Group! (Repeat)
There is a new service group looking to get started up and finally take a look at mental health in the YIS community.
They aim to:
Create a safe place that offers support and resources
Raise awareness on self care and how to to help others
Reduce the ever-present stigma and shame of mental illness by learning more
All in order to create a happier and healthier student body who will have yet another set of resources to benefit them throughout life. So if you’re interested in mental health or laying a new path so others can walk a little easier email Mr. Clark (email@example.com) or Alex Baxter (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Mr. Clark)