MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL
- Classical Concert Today at 4:15 pm
Classical musicians Mimi Solomon (piano) and Nicholas DiEugenio (violin) are visiting today to lead several master classes for high school music students and also perform for the YIS community. All are welcome to attend the concert, which will take place from 4:15 pm in the Tanner Auditorium. (Mr. Lobo)
- Sunglasses Found
Ray Ban sunglasses were found in the Art Room yesterday. Please collect them in the Secondary School Office. (Ms. Shiina)
- Kanto Plain Film Festival (Repeat)
This is a reminder that the Kanto Plain Film Festival entry deadline is coming up on Friday 20 April, 2018. Films made in a class, an activity or for fun are all eligible. Films need to be properly credited (see resources page of the website) and you must have license to use all of the material in your films including images, music and sound effects. Enter your Non-Fiction, Dramatic Fiction, Comedic Fiction, Expressive film or Height of Hart’s collaboration with creative adults. Full details and entry form are on the website. Festival exhibition will be at YIS on Saturday 19 May. (Mr. Pitter)
- HS Class Representative Voting (Repeat)
Good Morning High school & Grade 8,
In one week, Monday, Apr 9th, High School Class Representative Voting will take place.
Students interested in running as HS Class Representatives are required to give a short speech and participate in a question-answer session with your grade.
Students will vote for five representatives to represent their grade and serve for the HS Student Council. If you are interested in running please familiarise yourself with the High School Student Council constitution: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LGzHX2WRAK7qWZ9P2XL5kCEendlf2gffeRJncXdCrM8/edit
and sign up on this google form if interested in running:
If you have any questions please ask your STUCO representative. (HS Stuco)
- Expectations in Our Cafeteria (Repeat)
Just a reminder for all students about expectations in our cafeteria.
Dragon Dining is exclusively at Yokohama International School; we are not a big company.
Our small team works hard to source, prepare, cook and serve healthy sustainable lunches and snack items for the students at YIS.
In order to continue to deliver this level of service at YIS the rules below need to be followed.
Purchasing food in the cafeteria:
- Do not take food without paying.
- Pay the appropriate price for all food taken from Dragon Dining.
- Students must not share lunches purchased from Dragon Dining.
- Students must not use another person’s lunch account.
- Take only what you are intending to eat…don’t waste the food.
- Prepaid accounts must maintain a positive balance.
- Don’t touch items on sale that you aren’t going to buy.
- Use tongs and napkins when taking snack items.
Behaviour expectations in the cafeteria:
- Responsible and orderly behaviour is expected at all times.
- Students shall not save places in line, cut in line, or intimidate their way into line for food service.
- Follow instructions of the cafeteria staff.
- Show proper respect toward cafeteria staff.
- Take your time and enjoy the food.
- Wash your hands before eating.
- Push your chair back under the table after use.
- Don’t leave a mess.
- Take your dirty dishes to the dishwashing area.
- Separate trash accordingly.
- Report spills to cafeteria staff immediately.
HIGH SCHOOL ONLY
- Prom 2018
Prom is coming up on the 25th of May, posters, the venue, the theme and the Facebook page will be up on Monday!
From Monday onwards you can also start purchasing your prom tickets.
Prom tickets will be on sale from Monday the 9th of April.
The ticket price is 12,000yen. You have two weeks to purchase your tickets, after the 20th of April ticket prices will increase to 15,000yen.
– Money has to be turned in exact (we don’t have change) and in an envelope that has your name written on it.
– If you are planning on purchasing a ticket for another YIS students please make sure that person knows.
– If you are planning on purchasing a ticket for a person that does not go to YIS, please write their name on the envelope alongside yours.
– Envelops can be given to:
This can be done throughout the day just come and find us!
The Promposal contest will be announced soon, so film your Promposal(s) for the opportunity to have your tickets refunded!
please watch out for an RSVP survey coming your way soon!
Prom is free for seniors but if you want to bring a date from outside of school you will need to purchase a ticket, in that case the same process applies as for the juniors.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us!
- HS Lunch
With the exception of the silent study room and the LGBTQ+ Human Rights club meeting, the Library will be closed to HS students at lunch today. Apologies, but we have multiple classes and a club meeting. HS students who wish to study in the silent room are welcome: first come, first serve. (Ms. Katy)
- HS Book of the Day
Set against the backdrop of London’s inner city tower blocks, Turf is a story of intense friendship and brutal gang violence, of loyalty at any cost. #yislearning #hsbookoftheday (Ms. Katy)
- Tutor Period Rotations – Thursday, April 5 (Day 1)
Grade 11 (P0): Time with Tutors – Follow up / sharing / reflection on Expedition GCD & EE – initial reflection session – Tutors / Tutor Rooms
Grade 12 (P0): Planning for G12 “Live Learn Lead Beyond YIS Senior Retreat” – Ms. Hewins / Loft