MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL
- DONATION BOX FOR WELLS IN CAMBODIA
Good morning, students and teachers!
Starting next week Monday, there will be a donation box placed in the foyer for HOPE Cambodia. This time, we are focusing on fundraising for wells in Cambodia.
By receiving a well, Cambodian families will be able to improve their lifestyle drastically, enabling children to be able to go to schools and breaking the poverty cycle.
Please contribute! All donations are much appreciated.
(HOPE Cambodia Service Club – Sato & Airi)
- Kanto Plain Film Festival (Repeat)
This is a reminder that the Kanto Plain Film Festival entry deadline is coming up on Friday 20 April, 2018. Films made in a class, an activity or for fun are all eligible. Films need to be properly credited (see resources page of the website) and you must have license to use all of the material in your films including images, music and sound effects. Enter your Non-Fiction, Dramatic Fiction, Comedic Fiction, Expressive film or Height of Hart’s collaboration with creative adults. Full details and entry form are on the website. Festival exhibition will be at YIS on Saturday 19 May. (Mr. Pitter)
HIGH SCHOOL ONLY
- HS Athletics/Activities
Season 3 Athletics News:
– HS Boys & Girls Badminton will be away today in Kobe for their WJAA Badminton Tournament.
– HS Boys Soccer (V Only) Friday, April 6th, vs CAJ @ YCAC, kick off at 4:00 pm.
– HS Girls Soccer (V and JV) Saturday, April 7th @ ASIJ, kick off at 9:00 am.
GO DRAGONS! (Mr. Tananone)
- HS Book of the Day
Laurie Halse Anderson is a master of writing about difficult experiences and mental health. If you’ve ever wanted an insight into the world of eating disorders, this book is it. It’s powerful and intense. Today’s #hsbookoftheday was selected by Ms. Barbour. (Ms. Katy)
- Prom 2018 (Repeat)
Prom is coming up on the 25th of May, posters, the venue, the theme and the Facebook page will be up on Monday!
From Monday onwards you can also start purchasing your prom tickets.
Prom tickets will be on sale from Monday the 9th of April.
The ticket price is 12,000yen. You have two weeks to purchase your tickets, after the 20th of April ticket prices will increase to 15,000yen.
– Money has to be turned in exact (we don’t have change) and in an envelope that has your name written on it.
– If you are planning on purchasing a ticket for another YIS students please make sure that person knows.
– If you are planning on purchasing a ticket for a person that does not go to YIS, please write their name on the envelope alongside yours.
– Envelops can be given to:
This can be done throughout the day just come and find us!
The Promposal contest will be announced soon, so film your Promposal(s) for the opportunity to have your tickets refunded!
please watch out for an RSVP survey coming your way soon!
Prom is free for seniors but if you want to bring a date from outside of school you will need to purchase a ticket, in that case the same process applies as for the juniors.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us!