MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL
- Stress Fire Canceled
MS and HS unfortunately due to the high winds we will not be able to host the “stress fire” scheduled for morning break today. We will look for other opportunities to run this and similar events. (The Mental Emotional Health Club)
- Hope Cambodia Donation Box
Thank you to everyone who donated to HOPE Cambodia for building a well in Cambodia. We were able to raise over 5000 yen. We really appreciate your contribution, and it will definitely have positive impact on the lives of Cambodians. Have a good day! (Airi & Sato)
- Pride Prep
Join the LGBTQ+ Human Rights club in the library after school tomorrow to make posters for the Pride Parade on Saturday. If you haven’t signed up on the form yet, please do so today. It was emailed to you yesterday. (Ms. Katy)
- Space conference attendance? (Repeat)
DO you love Space? Dream of being an astronomer or astronaut?
ASIJ Space Club Conference Invitation YIS.pdf
On May 23rd, from noon until 5:30pm, ASIJ is hosting a space conference with a number of distinguished speakers.
If you are interested in attending, please read the Invitation above, and please speak to Mrs Harrison before Friday May 4th. If there is sufficient interest we could organize a school trip. (Mrs. Harrison)
MIDDLE SCHOOL ONLY
- MS Athletics/Activities
Season 3 Athletics News:
– MS Girls Basketball KANTO Championships @ ASIJ, Saturday, May 5th, (B and A), games start at 10:00 am.
– MS Boys & Girls Track and Field KANTO Championships @ Oi Futo, Saturday, May 5th, starting at 9:00 am
– MS Boys Baseball KANTO Championships @ ASIJ, Saturday, May 5th, games starting at 9:00 am.
Season 2/3 Sports Awards:
– Everyone who is presenting or making a video for their team, please remember to meet with Mr. Tananone today in the dance studio at 1:00 pm, in order to go over the ceremony. The ceremony is Monday, May 7th in the cafeteria.
GO DRAGONS! (Mr. Tananone)
- MS Dance Committee
The MS dance committee will have a meeting on May 11th for the upcoming dance. The 8th graders will not be allowed to come because it is there last dance in middle school so we like it to be a surprise! Please meet in Ms. Edwards room at lunchtime. Thank you!
Also: If you might be interested in being on student council next year, this would be a great opportunity to get involved and see how things work! (Ms. Barbour)
- Reading Sessions
8H and 7P, I’ll see y’all tomorrow! Bring your books. 🙂 (Ms. Katy)
- MS Book of the Day
Sophia in G8 recommends this fantastic journey filled with quirky characters, clever charms, potions and spells. The mystery begins as one newborn is stolen in the night and another is rescued from the snow. And who is Septimus Heap? #yislearning #msbookoftheday (Ms. Katy)