MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL
- EPIC ARTS
EPIC ARTS Performance – TONIGHT!
Did you catch yesterday’s performance?
Tonight is a different performance called “Come Back Brighter”. In the 1960s, Cambodia was called the “Pearl of Asia” and was full of music, fashion and creativity. But this all came to an end on the 7th April 1975 when the Khmer Rouge took over the cities and killed teachers, intellectuals and artists. Cambodia’s vibrant arts scene was destroyed in an instant and only now is it starting to emerge from the ashes. This piece explores the effects of the regime on the arts in Cambodia, by looking at events before, during and after the Khmer Rouge. (watch trailer here)
“Come back Brighter” Auditorium at 7:00pm (¥500 donation to Epic Arts)
Workshops Today: Grade 11 and half of grade 10
Workshops Tomorrow: Other half of grade 10 and grade 12
- ANNUAL HOOPS for HOPE 3 on 3 basketball tournament
Hope is organising the first ANNUAL HOOPS for HOPE 3 on 3 basketball tournament on Friday June 8th at the gym from 16:15. The tournament is open to all Grade 8 – 12 students as well as teachers.
We would love to see you play at the tournament so please sign up here! The deadlines for sign ups are Thursday June 7th at 9 AM.
The cost is 200 yen per person. There will also be a concession stand with food and drink available to help raise money for the Animal Relief Club.
The rules are simple:
1. 3 on 3 games (5 minute games)
2. up to two varsity basketball members a team
4. A Max of 5 people on each team if you would like subs
5. There will be separate boys and girls team tournaments but if you would like to have a coed team that is fine. The coed team will play in the boys tournament.
Winning teams will receive a trophy and bragging rights for being the Champs of the first ever Hoops for Hope tournament.
If you have any questions please speak to Momo Oshiba or Erik Hamburger.
Hope to see you all there. (Hope Cambodia and Animal Relief Club)
- Books for Summer Vacation
It’s almost summer break! Starting Monday, returning students with no overdue books will be allowed to start checking out as many books as they want for the summer vacation. Today we will also be sending overdue notices. Anyone with books that are more than 90 days overdue will have until Monday morning to return them. Monday afternoon we will begin contacting your parents to collect money for the cost of the missing book. (Ms. Katy)
MIDDLE SCHOOL ONLY
- MS Reading Sessions
7E, I’ll see you period 7 today. (Ms. Katy)
- MS Book of the Day
Evie and Rick Lane are tired of rules, regulations and bumbling bureaucrats, so they’ve decided to turn the Great Pacific Garbage Patch into an 8th continent for free living folk. #yislearning #msbookoftheday
https://twitter.com/yislibrary/status/1001953449263681542 (Ms. Katy)
- Running for Student Council (Repeat)
Do you look at MS Student Council and wish you could help out in some way? Are you interested in running for Student Council for the next school year?
If you are, please complete the following tasks:
- Complete the student council application form by June 1 and share it with Mr. Barker and Ms. Barbour
- Create a slide here with your name, grade, and a photo of yourself by June 1
- Plan and deliver a 2 minute speech at the assembly on June 7 to grades 6-7
- Attend a MS Student Council meeting. These happen on Day 1 (M305) and Day 6 (M102) at MS Lunch.