Goal: To create a self-portrait of you, showing how you have been impacted by your learning, within the context of one of 3 Global Contexts.
You will answer the following:
How did your learning this year CHANGE?IMPACT?:
- What and how you THINK
- What you SAY
- What you FEEL
- What you SHOW in your actions
- What you WANT to CHANGE
What will this look like?
YOU – with a
- Thought bubble
- Speech bubble
- A HEART
- Something in your hand
- Something under your foot
- Take a picture of yourself.
- Put it in the middle of a page – not too big, not too small.
- Now THINK – what were the themes this year, what were the big ideas? The SoIs? The concepts? The Life Lessons? How has what YOU have learned CHANGED how and who you are?
- Title the page with one of the following Global Contexts that best fits your reflection:
- Identities and Relationships:Who we are: an inquiry into the nature of the self; beliefs and values; personal, physical, mental, social and spiritual health; human relationships including families, friends, communities and cultures; rights and responsibilities; what it means to be human.
- Fairness and Development: Sharing the planet: an inquiry into rights and responsibilities in the struggle to share finite resources with other people and with other living things; communities and the relationships within and between them; access to equal opportunities; peace and conflict resolution.
- Personal and Cultural Expression: How we express ourselves: an inquiry into the ways in which we discover and express ideas, feelings, nature, culture, beliefs and values; the ways in which we reflect on, extend and enjoy our creativity; our appreciation of the aesthetic.
- Print it out! Hang it up in the class!