Here is the first Summative project of I&S!
Goal: To create a self-portrait of you, showing how you have been impacted by your learning, within the context of one of 3 Global Contexts.
You will answer the following:
How did your learning this year CHANGE?IMPACT?:
- What and how you THINK
- What you SAY
- What you FEEL
- What you SHOW in your actions
- What you WANT to CHANGE
What will this look like?
YOU – with a
- Thought bubble
- Speech bubble
- A HEART
- Something in your hand
- Something under your foot
- Take a picture of yourself.
- Put it in the middle of a page – not too big, not too small.
- Now THINK – what were the themes this year, what were the big ideas? The SoIs? The concepts? The Life Lessons? How has what YOU have learned CHANGED how and who you are?
- Title the page with one of the following Global Contexts that best fits your reflection:
- Identities and Relationships:Who we are: an inquiry into the nature of the self; beliefs and values; personal, physical, mental, social and spiritual health; human relationships including families, friends, communities and cultures; rights and responsibilities; what it means to be human.
- Fairness and Development: Sharing the planet: an inquiry into rights and responsibilities in the struggle to share finite resources with other people and with other living things; communities and the relationships within and between them; access to equal opportunities; peace and conflict resolution.
- Personal and Cultural Expression: How we express ourselves: an inquiry into the ways in which we discover and express ideas, feelings, nature, culture, beliefs and values; the ways in which we reflect on, extend and enjoy our creativity; our appreciation of the aesthetic.
- Print it out! Hang it up in the class!
Have you ever thought about how a simple cotton t-shirt gets to you?
We are going to watch and read the 5 little videos on this NPR site. (Check out the chapters.)
Then, using it as a template (the 5 chapters), you are going to make a COPY of this GoogleSlides and complete it. INDIVIDUALLY.
You should make all your notes and preparation in your I&S Journals – only use y our laptop for research and the final product.
You will choose a SIMPLE and COMMON product that YOU use. And then you will research the same parts –
- WHAT it is
- HOW it’s made (check out the How it’s Made video on YouTube – they might help!)
- WHO makes it
- How it is MOVED around the world
- how the production etc effects YOU
Make sure that you use as many relevant economics terms as possible. And we know you have a lot of them now!
Start with Encyclopedia Britannica.
You will have 3 or 4 double periods to work on this.
If you aren’t sure what to do, watch the NPR videos and read the site again for inspiration!
Thanks to Mr. Hauet for this activity – you guys are going to build a zoo!
The research sheet is in the task sheet.
You need to make a copy of the research sheet and share it with me!
We are going to do something a little different – we’re going to learn a bit from a text and answer some questions.
Please read through the PDF. You can print it out if you want, and when you are done, I would like you to work through the questions on Page 232, and Part 3 on Page 233 (the questions on the Nile).
You can use a googleDoc to write your responses, or paper. It’s up to you.
Here is your first, individual (by yourself!!!) task to get familiar with rivers of the world!
Here is your final task of the biomes unit…. Enjoy!
This is a presentation, done in PAIRS.
You will chose what topic/area you want to do and I will put you in your pairs!
This will be due around the 18th of November (6E) or the 21st of November (6M)
Here is the layout suggestion for the presentation – make a copy of it if you want to use it!
Open this doc for todays fun!