Here is your research Document to (make a copy) use!
Here is the Task!
Today you are going to prepare for a little game that we will play next class.
Each of you will be assigned an individual from the Renaissance to do a little research on (using Encyclopedia Britannica to start, of course!)
You need to produce 2 google slides on THIS shared Slide presentation.
- Who your person was (with an image)
- Why THEY were the most important person in the Renaissance. (it does NOT matter if you truly think they were or not, you have to fight for them!)
Make sure you have cited you sources, and do use School EB!
Next class, we will present the slides and one-by-one you will decide who is more powerful, and who should be ‘knocked-out’!
Here is the list of people, the instructions again AND a list of questions to get your research started.
Good luck! and may the best Renaissance Person win!
Here are some videos you could watch to further your understanding of the Renaissance!
History of Ideas
Just a Documentary
Renaissance Man Song
The first thing you did was watch the Brainpop’s on Feudalism, Middle Ages and Black Death.
Then you summarized your learning in some very quick videos that we will share!
In this table, please add what you learned about each topic.
THEN – you can get started on this individual task.
Goal: To create a self-portrait of you, showing how you have been impacted by your learning, within the context of one of 3 Global Contexts.
You will answer the following:
How did your learning this year CHANGE?IMPACT?:
- What and how you THINK
- What you SAY
- What you FEEL
- What you SHOW in your actions
- What you WANT to CHANGE
What will this look like?
YOU – with a
- Thought bubble
- Speech bubble
- A HEART
- Something in your hand
- Something under your foot
- Take a picture of yourself.
- Put it in the middle of a page – not too big, not too small.
- Now THINK – what were the themes this year, what were the big ideas? The SoIs? The concepts? The Life Lessons? How has what YOU have learned CHANGED how and who you are?
- Title the page with one of the following Global Contexts that best fits your reflection:
- Identities and Relationships:Who we are: an inquiry into the nature of the self; beliefs and values; personal, physical, mental, social and spiritual health; human relationships including families, friends, communities and cultures; rights and responsibilities; what it means to be human.
- Fairness and Development: Sharing the planet: an inquiry into rights and responsibilities in the struggle to share finite resources with other people and with other living things; communities and the relationships within and between them; access to equal opportunities; peace and conflict resolution.
- Personal and Cultural Expression: How we express ourselves: an inquiry into the ways in which we discover and express ideas, feelings, nature, culture, beliefs and values; the ways in which we reflect on, extend and enjoy our creativity; our appreciation of the aesthetic.
- Print it out! Hang it up in the class!
Here is the task
Here is the TSC for the research question and the Action Plan
Copy and complete this activity with 2 other people who have different number of siblings from you and each other. You have the class to complete it.
After having a look at THIS site, determine and create a list (in chronological order) of the top 12 events that you think impacted Yokohama.
Here is your task today
Here is the link to add your topic and presentations
Here is the sheet to help us think about Child Labour in the chocolate industry.
Did you eat the chocolate?