Next date: November 7th!
Goal: To create a self-portrait of you, showing how you have been impacted by your learning, within the context of one of 3 Global Contexts.
You will answer the following:
How did your learning this year CHANGE?IMPACT?:
- What and how you THINK
- What you SAY
- What you FEEL
- What you SHOW in your actions
- What you WANT to CHANGE
What will this look like?
YOU – with a
- Thought bubble
- Speech bubble
- A HEART
- Something in your hand
- Something under your foot
- Take a picture of yourself.
- Put it in the middle of a page – not too big, not too small.
- Now THINK – what were the themes this year, what were the big ideas? The SoIs? The concepts? The Life Lessons? How has what YOU have learned CHANGED how and who you are?
- Title the page with one of the following Global Contexts that best fits your reflection:
- Identities and Relationships:Who we are: an inquiry into the nature of the self; beliefs and values; personal, physical, mental, social and spiritual health; human relationships including families, friends, communities and cultures; rights and responsibilities; what it means to be human.
- Fairness and Development: Sharing the planet: an inquiry into rights and responsibilities in the struggle to share finite resources with other people and with other living things; communities and the relationships within and between them; access to equal opportunities; peace and conflict resolution.
- Personal and Cultural Expression: How we express ourselves: an inquiry into the ways in which we discover and express ideas, feelings, nature, culture, beliefs and values; the ways in which we reflect on, extend and enjoy our creativity; our appreciation of the aesthetic.
- Print it out! Hang it up in the class!
Have read over this article, and then, let’s have a class discussion about how WE can make goals that help others and help us be more KIND.
Add your questions HERE
Here are the plans for your lessons while I am away:
Wednesday March 2nd:
TOK: Mr. Edwards will work on WOKs with you.
6A English: Double Library period with Miss Katy. You much check in with her at the first bell. (2:35). Enjoy this quiet personal reading time!
Thursday March 3rd:
6B I&S: Final editing of your websites – peer edit.
6B Tutor: In the loft with Mrs Harrison
6A I&S: Final editing of your websites – peer edit.
Friday March 4th:
6B English: Double library period, head over after tutor, check in with Miss Katy and enjoy your well-earned reading time!
Grade 7: Continue with your trial preparations – The trial will start on Wednesday March 9th.
Tutor: You need to have written your reflection for your report card so we can edit it tomorrow. Check the previous Tutor post for all the detailed instructions!
Gr6 I&S: watch THIS video (The Basics of Fresh Water) and write down 10 (yes, TEN) facts you’ve learned, 2 (TWO) things that made you think, and 2 (TWO) questions you have.
Gr6 English: Keep working on your Character essays – remember, your completed drafts are due at the end of this week!
And stay warm!
See you tomorrow!
Using THIS to guide you . . . please write a reflection and then EMAIL it to me!