Grade 5 Japanese as a Native Language Class
Teachers: Masato Ise (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Yukiko Suzuki (email@example.com)
Week A: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
Week B: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
The objective of the JNL class is to provide the students with well-balanced competence in Japanese as a Native Language with the reference of Kokugo textbooks authorized by the Ministry of Education for Japanese Elementary Schools. However, YIS grade levels do not necessarily correlate to the grade levels of the Kokugo textbooks. Because of the time allocated to Japanese language studies, students will cover 4-A and 4-B textbooks when they finish Grade 5 Japanese class. The class is also linked with selected Gr.5 PYP units as well as exhibition project.
- “Kokugo 4-A and 4-B Kokugo”, Mitsumura Kyouiku Tosho
- “Kanji renshu note Gr.4”, Kaiseisha
- “Mantenkun” worksheets, Mitsumura Kyouiku Tosho
- YIS original materials
- “Kumon no Shougaku Doriru Choubun Dokkai Gr. 4”.
1. Reading various kinds of stories and poetry
2. Project work and group /individual activity on selected PYP units
3. Group discussion and individual oral presentations
4. Writing descriptive and informative passages
5. Writing essays and compositions
6. Grammar and vocabulary building
7. Introduction to 200 new Kanji
Homework: Every Thursday (Kanji practice and other assigned works – 50 minutes)
Homework is expected to turn in the beginning of Japanese lessons on Monday.
Kanji Quiz: Every Monday (If the Monday is no school, the quiz will be on the following Japanese class.)